• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Wendell Hostetler 30% PA-28 Cherokee Build

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Don’t forget the Bearcat! First with Darryl Greenamyer, and now Conquest 1 is in the Smithsonian, link HERE. Several other Bearcats raced over the years, but the one I best remember was Rare Bear, link HERE.

Another was the F2G Corsair with the 4 row P&W 4360, link HERE. Several of these were raced, as was the Super Corsair. Not an F2G, but had the monster engine retrofitted, link HERE.

View attachment 119180

I had a coffee mug with that plane on it.... it slipped out of my carpel tunnel hands onto the concrete floor into a million pieces. it was a sad day. I cried. LOL. Speaking of Carpel tunnel... just got checked out again since 2015 - went from mild to moderate in one hand to BOTH. lame. PT didn't get me very far. going to figure out where to get it taken care of so I can tinker without numbness again :)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Helllllooooooo Tony, great to see your building habits are carrying on. I've been busy elsewhere but just picked up a framed up Modelbau 138" Super Decathlon. I'd like to paint it but what iron on covering is best for under paint and do any have a fabric texture?

Thanks!

TonyHallo

150cc
Have the wings ready to cover, sanded all the glue goobers off the bench and put on two coat of polyurethane varnish. Fresh start for the covering. Need to vacuum the shop before I can start covering, maybe tomorrow, having a small retirement party here for a friend today, her last day at work! Can't do anymore fun stuff or I will be in trouble.
The MR11 bulbs arrived today and they are too big, found MR8 bulbs, 35 watt, 10 degree angle, these should work just fine and look more better. The MR 11 almost fills the indentation, the MR8 is 3/8" smaller. Will turn a bezel on the lathe for the lamp.

IMG_1979.jpg
IMG_1981.jpg
6338083 (2).jpg

WMcNabb

150cc
Helllllooooooo Tony, great to see your building habits are carrying on. I've been busy elsewhere but just picked up a framed up Modelbau 138" Super Decathlon. I'd like to paint it but what iron on covering is best for under paint and do any have a fabric texture?

Thanks!
Bart, Take a look at the Scale Stits covering system aka Polyfiber - HERE.
Instructional video download HERE.