• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Wendell Hostetler 30% PA-28 Cherokee Build

TonyHallo

150cc
As the mold warmed up in the sun, the canopy began releasing for the the PVA as seen by the green tint areas, I expect this will come out easy. Rain tomorrow so no more basking but the sun has speed up the curing process.

IMG_2087-1.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
The second part came out of the mold at 12 1/2 ounces, I will be using this one. Fitted the canopy to 1/8" balsa formers and side rails, it is joined with a mixture of epoxy and colloidal silica. Once this cures I plan to glass the canopy to the balsa side rail with 4 ounce cloth. After the clamps are removed and everything looks good I with start making the plugs. There is only 7 - 3/8" wide strips that support the top. I left extra material to support the top, My plan to to cut one side at a time to size and glue the windows in before moving to the other side and front windshield.

IMG_2093.jpg