• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Just curious, why didn't you lay up the cowl as one piece with the mold halves clamped together. I understand doing fuse halves separately cause you cant get into them but this baby was wide open at the back and should have been EZPZ. It would have eliminated the step of joining the cowl halves.
Doc

Just being cautious. I had trouble getting the plug out with the front lip and the cowl flap holding things together. Also I was going to add a reinforcement strip of cloth there anyway.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I had to take a few more pictures before I put it up for awhile, so thought I go ahead and post them just for the heck of it :)

342.jpg

343.jpg

344.jpg

345.jpg

346.jpg

347.jpg

349.jpg

350.jpg

351.jpg

352.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
Just beautiful work!!! :way_to_go:

Thank you!

Damn! That is unreal! Love watching this work of art come to fruition. Learning a ton also. Very much appreciate what you have been doing here!! Thanks!

Thank you for following, glad that your learning too so am I! :)

Glad you took a few more photos, that is one sexy biplane!

Can't believe you're setting it aside, but I'm sure the covering and painting will be just as awesome as the build has been so far.

It ain't gonna be aside for long, its only been a day and its already eating at me. Just motivation to get my buddy's Extra done faster lol

So why are you going to interrupt the build, you got it on the ropes man.
Doc

Got to finish the Extra I've been building for a friend (had it almost a year now) and I just about have it ready to cover so gonna hit it hard and get done and gone.

Then he'll pay me so I can buy more stuff for the Krier, like fabric and dope ;)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
At first I was going say that the wheel pants looked to big but then I went back to page one they look right. The original plane had a Q35 in it what engine are you planning for the plane. Still good looking plane and a long way to go.

Doc

50cc
Its going to have a Q35 just like the one Grand dad built.
I understand finishing a promised project and it's an honorable thing to do, not to mention generating the funds to proceed. Go man!
Doc

Bipeguy03

150cc
Yep, it will have a Q35 like Grampa's did.

My original plan was to use a DLE or EME 35 but I got to worrying about it being tail heavyafter reading the logs Grampa kept. His Krier originally had a Tartan Glow engine on it (remember it was the early 80s lol) which is comparable in weight to a DLE or EME and he had to have 14oz of lead in the nose. With the Q35 he took it all out. This thing has a really short nose and a loooooong tail, which means it should track like an arrow, if it ain't tail heavy!

The other reason it's getting the Quadra is my dad found one NIB on Ebay for $90 so couldn't pass it up!

I think a G38 would be another good engine for it, or if someone wants to give building one a go when I'm finished, you could always stick a 50cc in it for ballistic power. It's does have a 71" wing after all;)

Last edited: