• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

35CC 3D Plane

SnowDog

The GT15 is a pumped glow type engine. I have not run mine yet.

The GT22 is quiet, but has the on/off throttle response the DLE-20 has. Also heavy.

The GT33 is amazing. The did something to get the throttle to be very linear, only about 91 db at 20 feet, and puts out decent power. We get about the same numbers with a DLE-35RA and the GT33 with the same props.

The GT60 was a disappointment last season. It was reasonably quiet, but I never got the RPM numbers that I was expecting. Turns out I had some damage to the cylinder wall. The motor has been completely rebuilt (70% new parts) and I am hoping for a new start with that motor on the new scheme Redwing slick I have had on back order for a bit too long.

The #1 issue people have the OS motors is that timing is set pretty low and they WILL START BACKWARDS hand flipping. I use my Kavan starter most of the time. For the GT60 we have replaced the ignition with a aftermarket one with different timing. If this works then everyone should be able to solve the starting issue with a $50 part.

Matt, please follow up and let us know about the after-market ignition...I love my GT33 but it starts backwards almost every time and it is frustrating.

I know that @WrongWayRc sells Rcexl ignitions...is this the after-market ignition you are talking about?

The layout of the hall sensor or the layout of my Velox?

Here is another video that was shot later with the 18x8 prop on it.

[video=youtube;xdLVc834zRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdLVc834zRA[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The layout of the hall sensor or the layout of my Velox?

Here is another video that was shot later with the 18x8 prop on it.

[video=youtube;xdLVc834zRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdLVc834zRA[/video]

How much time do you have on that motor?

This was just a little over the gallon point. I can't remember if I had switched to my usual gas, or was still using my break in stuff. Since I have not run the motor a lot and figured out the perfect prop, I have not talked much about the motor.

IF the motor continues to perform and I can find that sweet spot combo, it will be a excellent gas setup for the Velox. Unlike the 20cc motors, this spins a 18x6 with a lot of authority and is probably too small a prop. Not bad for a motor that is only 2 to 3 ounces more than a DLE-20. I see that BP hobbies is out of stock. This motor is the new beam mount version, and is not to be confused with the original 26cc motor which is very heavy.

I really like the performance of Ryan's 4325-425 setup and I was just about to convert this to that when I discovered this motor. To keep the weight down I kept the 8 ounce tank in it, but I might have to go a little bigger. We shall see once I get back to flying it and retune it for warmer temps.

Abrams

50cc
FINALLY!!! I pulled the trigger on a yellow and red Velox. Now it's just a matter of what goes in it. Enterprise, I saw you ripped hinges. Do you think it would be wise to install pin hinges from the git go?

I'm hope there are some build threads out there for the 70" Velox. If anyone know of one that is particularly good, please send it my way. I haven't even looked yet.

I know the balancing is going to be fun. I've done a DLE20 in a 60 size Aeroworks Edge 540T with that funk one peice wing. I'm sure it will be challenging, but I'm also pretty sure I can get er done.

3dNater

The weight specs on the 35 come out less than the 30. I would love to see a forum member publish a comparison to confirm the weights of each. That being said... people get the velocity to balance with a DLE 30 so I dont think you will have too bad of a problem.

3dNater

Oh ya... congrats on your purchase! I am very excited to see how you like it with that combo.