• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

35CC 3D Plane

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
FINALLY!!! I pulled the trigger on a yellow and red Velox. Now it's just a matter of what goes in it. Enterprise, I saw you ripped hinges. Do you think it would be wise to install pin hinges from the git go?

I'm hope there are some build threads out there for the 70" Velox. If anyone know of one that is particularly good, please send it my way. I haven't even looked yet.

I know the balancing is going to be fun. I've done a DLE20 in a 60 size Aeroworks Edge 540T with that funk one peice wing. I'm sure it will be challenging, but I'm also pretty sure I can get er done.

Ask and ye shall receive! http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?830-3DHS-70-quot-Velox

gyro

GSN Contributor
FINALLY!!! I pulled the trigger on a yellow and red Velox. Now it's just a matter of what goes in it. Enterprise, I saw you ripped hinges. Do you think it would be wise to install pin hinges from the git go?

I'm hope there are some build threads out there for the 70" Velox. If anyone know of one that is particularly good, please send it my way. I haven't even looked yet.

I know the balancing is going to be fun. I've done a DLE20 in a 60 size Aeroworks Edge 540T with that funk one peice wing. I'm sure it will be challenging, but I'm also pretty sure I can get er done.

Congrats! I enjoy flying mine

Here is the main Velox thread, and there are plenty of guys flying one that'll be ready to help with any build questions.

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?267-3DHS-70-quot-Velox

Abrams

50cc
The weight specs on the 35 come out less than the 30. I would love to see a forum member publish a comparison to confirm the weights of each. That being said... people get the velocity to balance with a DLE 30 so I dont think you will have too bad of a problem.

According to DLE's website, the 30 is 2.4lbs, the 35 is 2.7lbs. Am I wrong on I that? I'm really going for a plane that will harrier and get into hover easily. I've heard the 20 is a touch weak, but the 30 makes the plane explosive. I was kind of settled on the 30 or something with that weight and power (no nitro).

I've never owned a Velox, what do the experts say?

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
According to DLE's website, the 30 is 2.4lbs, the 35 is 2.7lbs. Am I wrong on I that? I'm really going for a plane that will harrier and get into hover easily. I've heard the 20 is a touch weak, but the 30 makes the plane explosive. I was kind of settled on the 30 or something with that weight and power (no nitro).

I've never owned a Velox, what do the experts say?

I was going off of numbers posted by valleyview rc on their website. I had my doubts about it then. I'm glad to hear a reference from DLE and I'm sure vvrc has probably updated their listing accordingly.

I have not owned a velox so I am no expert. I was under the impression that you already owned a DLE 35. Is that right?

gyro

GSN Contributor
DLE 20 is sufficient... DLE 30 would have suited me better, as I like the extra power.

Thing is, you can always put a slower prop on it like a 20x6 if you don't want to get too insane... The DLE 20 on 17 or 18x6 isn't enough for my style.

I ended up selling the DLE 20 powered one I had, and stated over electric.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have not used those servos but I have about 200 flights on a set of Power HD 1214TH. A couple of them have died but the others are still going strong. I think they are every bit as good as hitecs. I would buy Power HD digitals again in a heart beat.

Abrams

50cc
... was under the impression that you already owned a DLE 35. Is that right?

I was headed in that direction. I'm impressed with the 35 and was originally looking at the AJ Slick, but settle on the Velox. Actually, I have a DLE20 and have been looking at the Velox since last fall. I MIGHT start with that engine.... maybe... very doubtful. I hate rebuilding planes. I think the plan is to put the 20 in a giant stick for my son.

Here is the video I referred to earlier. They are using a Syssa, but I believe it's weight is similar to the DLE-30. He built a battery tray system for the tail to get CG. There are a number of DLE-30 Velox's out there, it just takes a little effort on the balance front.

[video=youtube;M985nZJst5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M985nZJst5c[/video]