• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

35CC 3D Plane

Abrams

50cc
Love that blue, but I bought the red so I could be sure to see it.

Thanks for posting. That gives me some great ideas.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Love that blue, but I bought the red so I could be sure to see it.

Thanks for posting. That gives me some great ideas.

I have a hook up on some really nice graphics for the Velox if you are interested. My buddy Brigg made them... when they printed the cut lines were messed up so they would take a little more time to install but they would be appropriately discounted.

I worked on my Velox today. Setup the new wing I got to replace the one from the video. My repair job was just not that great as the new hinges did not line up. Took a bit of work to get them out. I would not recommend changing them. I ordered a new prop for it the other day, and it is probably going into the truck the next time I go flying. Such a wonderful all around airplane.

The red is very easy to see. It is easily the best schemed plane I own. Arron knocked that one out of the park.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abrams

50cc
My Velox hit the UPS offIce at 5:05 today (Friday). It will be delivered Monday. Not complaining, just ironic. I have an engine and servos to buy yet. No huge hurry.

Abrams

50cc
It came today!!! Man this is a huge plane for 20-30cc.

Honestly, will this plane handle a 35-RA or is that just too much? I don't want to lose the ability a harrier like I know this plane is capable of. I also don't want to break gear. I learned to land in a fish bowl, so my landings honestly aren't that bad.

gyro

GSN Contributor

Honestly, will this plane handle a 35-RA or is that just too much? I don't want to lose the ability a harrier like I know this plane is capable of. I also don't want to break gear. I learned to land in a fish bowl, so my landings honestly aren't that bad.

35cc is too big IMHO

It has the same landing gear as the 71 slick. The airframe will handle the extra weight. Tons of DLE-30 ones around and the 35 is just a little more weight. You might loose some harrier performance with the weight over the 20cc offerings. That is why I tried this little 26cc motor. I want to fly mine with the 18x7 later this week. Will report back.

AKfreak

150cc

Balance is always the driving force with everything. We all want that ridiculous power, however with the extra power comes the weight. I would prefer a slightly under powered machine that is light weight and floats extremely well in post stall over a heavy plane that penetrates alot and fly's real fast. You just cant make a heavy plane floaty, but you can make a floaty plane fly fast. Also when you have a bunch of weight on the nose, you have to add even more on the tail to get the proper CG.

Well that's what I think, AKf

Abrams

50cc
More questions...

I read up on the Velox months ago when I was first looking at 20cc planes. They suggest one elevator servo in the 20cc configuration. I think I've settled on the DLE30. I'm planning on putting the battery way back in the tail to prevent the need for additional weight. I'm looking at high voltage servos because I like lipos and I want to 1) simplify, 2) more power and 2) eliminate the need for a regulator to the receiver which means a little less weight. I always use two on one battery; one for the receiver and one for the ignition. Will still need one for the ignition.

SO MY QUESTION
Do you need two servos with the 30cc setup? I'm looking at fast servos that have a little less torque. How much torque and speed do you need optimum control?