• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobbyshop 106" Edge 540

Yowzilla

50cc
I just got the call from FedEx freight. Monday at 1pm for my white one.

MadInPensacola, before you trash the boxes look for the rudder pin. They are notoriously hard to find taped to the inside of the fuse box.

Yowzilla

50cc
Here is a copy of my homework if you guys want to cheat off of me...
FYI - to keep sanity do not add up the last column.
106" Edge 540.jpg

Yowzilla

50cc
I didn't see any rx batteries in your list!

I have looked at your Pulse 3600 2S and the Glacier 2S packs. I was going to get the batteries using size as the biggest driver for which LiPo to get. Once I get the layout of rudder servos and Rx finalized I was going to look for a symmetrical way to get 2 2S lipos in the fuse neatly.

Also the servos are on backorder and I am not 100% on which switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
I just got the call from FedEx freight. Monday at 1pm for my white one.

MadInPensacola, before you trash the boxes look for the rudder pin. They are notoriously hard to find taped to the inside of the fuse box.

Got it. Taped and stuck in the side of the box by the fuselage. Thanks! :)

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Pics right after unpacking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    783.7 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 317
Last edited by a moderator:

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
wow - very nice! great wing bags!!

Agree. The embroidery is a nice touch. With Aeroworks (which I love) though, carbon gear, SFGs, wing bags and spinner are all "extra" to the total tune of over $400 more than the kit. This "kit" was roughly $100 more than the equivalent Aeroworks so I found value in the extras that I actually wanted.
This kit also includes heavy duty elevator servo extensions already installed from the tail to the receiver area. Cool touch. Gonna love the split cowl too I suspect.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Agree. The embroidery is a nice touch. With Aeroworks (which I love) though, carbon gear, SFGs, wing bags and spinner are all "extra" to the total tune of over $400 more than the kit. This "kit" was roughly $100 more than the equivalent Aeroworks so I found value in the extras that I actually wanted.
This kit also includes heavy duty elevator servo extensions already installed from the tail to the receiver area. Cool touch. Gonna love the split cowl too I suspect.

You will... Especially with the twin. I'll be easy peasy to cut and install.

3dhs raised their price on this kit relative to previous 100cc birds by about $100... But from what I'm seeing, looks well worth it.
The included spinner and quilted wingbags alone make up for it.

Yowzilla

50cc
I saw a pic with servo extensions tied down to the deck and thought the owner was way head of himself. So those two super long extensions are included!!!

The info page for this plane on the 3DHS site calls for two 48" servo extensions...

I am attempting to build my own servo extensions for this entire plane with Hansen Hobbies tools and connectors. The new 0.100" Latching Polarized Connectors in 1x6 for wings and 1x3 for elevator look perfect. Also when you can control the servo wire length for your routing it should make for a super clean setup.