• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobbyshop 106" Edge 540

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
He sold out right away he said. Yes, I would have ordered elsewhere had I known this delay was happening. Here's his email:
We would like to thank you for your purchase during our Holiday Sales Event. We had record breaking sales this year and it could not have been possible without you. We sold out of our in stock Savox Servos immediately Unfortunately we sold out before we could fill your order for the servos. However; we have ordered them and we estimate them arriving this week to our warehouse and will will ship them back out to you ASAP. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you should have any questions please feel free to let us know. Again, we thank you so much for your support and hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
Chad Wilson
Taildragger RC
www.taildraggerrc.com
270-590-0943

"Quality Giant Scale Products at the Best Price with Quality Support"

Last edited by a moderator:

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
FYI Chad is working as best he can to get the servos to us. The Holiday rush can crush logistics. Here's his update to my email this morning. I'm being patient because it's not his fault.
"Mark,
We apologize for this unexpected delay. Your servos are on the way to us. Holiday season is here and all carriers are a bit delayed. Our sales way exceeded our plan and we run out of stock in record time. Your patience will be most appreciated and do know this is not our normal operating procedure and is out of our hands. I hope to have them to you this week. My apologies and let me know what I can do to make it better for you, thanks. Chad"

Yowzilla

50cc
Based on [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] and others I changed up my rudder servo setup to a single HS-M7790TH with a Seacraft servo tray. This monster has 610in-oz. But have seen a test on TBM that shows it pulling a little less than 500in-oz. Regardless for a single rudder servo on this plane it should be good enough.

secraft-servo-tray-bellcrank-v2n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Based on [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] and others I changed up my rudder servo setup to a single HS-M7790TH with a Seacraft servo tray. This monster has 610in-oz. But have seen a test on TBM that shows it pulling a little less than 500in-oz. Regardless for a single rudder servo on this plane it should be good enough.

View attachment 31684

Nice plan! Those servos are monsters, but you should be able to mount nicely on the huge double rudder tray without much work.

Please take a few pics of it and how you install it :)

Yowzilla

50cc
List is almost as much as 2 good servos at $175 with the single servo tray all in it is around $300, but this time of year I did not pay that exactly.

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Cool. I've resisted those purely because of the extra weight behind the usual CG point versus 2 servos. Will look at that one and continue my comparisons. :)

Yowzilla

50cc
Cool. I've resisted those purely because of the extra weight behind the usual CG point versus 2 servos. Will look at that one and continue my comparisons. :)

Not sure I get your logic. The HS-M7990TH is only 10 more grams or 10% heavier than a 2270. Two 2270s at 140 grams are heavier than the 79 grams of the Hitec.

I think the Hitec may be a negative because of the lack of weight if you like to hover around and generate good tail inertia for pop tops. But in a plane of this size a few grams here and there most likely will not impact CG that much.