• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobbyshop 106" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
This is what you guys need in your 106" Edges :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417884515.008713.jpg

Yowzilla

50cc
By believing the specification sheet for each, the Savox 2270 and the HSB-9380 are close to the same servo.

Savox has 5% less torque at 444in-oz but 14% more speed in a package that is 1 gram heavier. For me these are the same servo made by different companies.

And yes I know all the math above is based on published numbers that can be questioned on both sides....

So it comes down to case colors...The Hitec wins for a White 106" Edge...The red case is sweet looking...to bad it gets buried in the wings...:deadhorse:

Last edited by a moderator:

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Well my refreshed DA120 isn't due back from DA until Thursday (flying the new one in my Ultimate) and I'm waiting patiently for my Black Friday servos from TaildraggerRC. Not dead in the water so it was either install control horns or lay down the graphics from B&E Graphix. The graphics won today. I did the stabs too but they're not ready to bolt on until control horns are installed so they're back in the stab bags. Tomorrow I move on to control horns. In the mean time...here's some graphics to enjoy.

:popcorn:

Attachments

• IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 278
  • IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 273
Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wow! Those look high tech. :rolleyes:

Thanks Mark :)

I like them a lot. I've had my HSB-9370THs for a year now; they still run flawlessly. Made the decision on my next set even easier. I'm sure these 9380s will be just as nice.

One of the other things I love about Hitec is their U.S. service center. In addition to warranty claims, I can also send a servo in for new gears, a new potentiometer, or just a checkup. In the case of $150 +/- servos, that makes them much more affordable, and it's not something you can do with other brands.

By the way, I really like your graphics package. Compliments the plane nicely.

Yowzilla

50cc
The B&G web page does not do their vinyl schemes justice. That looks awesome on the Red Edge! Do you see any colors of the stock scheme threw the B&G vinyl? Especially with the black under the white part of the EDGE logo....

I am still in heavy negotiations with a vinyl master that is currently in retirement. If I can get him out of retirement for this last job I will make it worth his time. But 100% understand if this job falls of the TO DO list for him. wink wink..

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
The B&G web page does not do their vinyl schemes justice. That looks awesome on the Red Edge! Do you see any colors of the stock scheme threw the B&G vinyl? Especially with the black under the white part of the EDGE logo....

I am still in heavy negotiations with a vinyl master that is currently in retirement. If I can get him out of retirement for this last job I will make it worth his time. But 100% understand if this job falls of the TO DO list for him. wink wink..
No, you can't see through any color thankfully. What you can see is just the edges of all the color stripes underneath like tiny ridges from the layers of Ultracote. Not an issue.:grrreat:

Yowzilla

50cc
MadIn, have you got any news on your servos from TailDragger? From email I understood they work receive and ship out ours last week. I have not got a tracking number so not sure that happened.

Tomorrow I will have everything less a prop drill guide and a pin switch. It is tough to build a plane without the servos. I like to triple check things before I epoxy the horns or cut covering.

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
MadIn, have you got any news on your servos from TailDragger? From email I understood they work receive and ship out ours last week. I have not got a tracking number so not sure that happened.

Tomorrow I will have everything less a prop drill guide and a pin switch. It is tough to build a plane without the servos. I like to triple check things before I epoxy the horns or cut covering.
Nothing. It's frustrating but I'm being patient. I plan to contact him tomorrow based upon what he told us since things "should" have come in and shipped but the silence says it didn't. Ugh. I've been assembling what I can but I only have a couple of servos. Still need the 7 I ordered from Taildragger too. Good luck to us.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 287

gyro

GSN Contributor
So he sold you guys servos he didn't have? Did you know you were back ordering?