• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

G.P.

70cc twin V2
I love my 51" and 70" Slicks for low and slow 3D, but I usually bring my Osiris to the field with them for drawing straight lines/snaps or for when it gets windy. If I'm bringing the 59" it's the only plane that I need to bring. It's like the other Slicks and an Osiris put together. It does everything amazing well and handles the wind with ease.

If I could only have one plane for every condition, it would be the 59".

:cool:

hone

150cc
Yeah, i think it depends on what you like. I liked my 51'' Slick but it could have been a little more precise and AJ said he was trying to improve the precision flight of the Slick with the 59''. I usually like Extras more anyway so if the 59'' feels a little more like an Extra than the other Slicks it might be my favorite Slick of them all. I might have to try it.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

They have such a phenomenal 50-60cc plane in that slick! EF makes that 88" Edge. If its anything like their 60 size, it must be so easy to 3d with the 88! Those big edges are just so damn stable in post stall and high alpha flight!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

I love my 51" and 70" Slicks for low and slow 3D, but I usually bring my Osiris to the field with them for drawing straight lines/snaps or for when it gets windy. If I'm bringing the 59" it's the only plane that I need to bring. It's like the other Slicks and an Osiris put together. It does everything amazing well and handles the wind with ease.

If I could only have one plane for every condition, it would be the 59".

:cool:

I can see that! It's all about personal preference in flying style. I spend most of my flight time between low and slow and crazy tumbles and snaps. On the 59 you sacrifice some of my favorite characteristics of the 51 and 71 for that added precision.

It's the same thing with EF's Edge and Extra. Most prefer the edge for 3d, but the extra's wide range of uses has given it its own fans! I had the extra, got the edge, and by par prefer the edge.

For those like hone1er who are already big extra fans, then that 59" would probably be a good blend for you! For the hardcore 3d guys, I think they prefer to stay away from the 59" slick.

I appreciate the precision side of things, but I still have so much to learn in the 3d realm. Once I get comfortable with everything, I will work on more precision!