• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Hey guys just a heads-up. I'm going to be gone awhile to focus more on school and family stuff. I find myself doodling planes in class and my grades are heading downward so I need to refocus on my higher priorities. I may fly every now and then but not so much. Sadly my crack yak died today. It went in a high up tree and when I went to climb the tree to get it down, a falling stick bumped my throttle to full. The plane shot out of the tree, ripping the rudder clean off, snapping the pushrod, and stripping the servo. Then it went smack into the wire fence around my mom's garden, and it ripped the whole left wing off. Not beyond unrepairable, I know, but I don't have the cash to order the parts I need to fix it. So that's done for a while. Anyways.....I first got into rc to relieve stress from family and school issues but 3D is not helping that at all. It doesnt help to be constantly fixing something when you just want to fly. So, I'm sorry to say I won't be doing 3D for a while. Ill be back when I'm in a better spot in life. For now its gliders for me so I can relax and enjoy flying. Ill see you guys soon hopefully and ill be on when I can.

-Cullen

quadracer

100cc
Hey guys just a heads-up. I'm going to be gone awhile to focus more on school and family stuff. I find myself doodling planes in class and my grades are heading downward so I need to refocus on my higher priorities. I may fly every now and then but not so much. Sadly my crack yak died today. It went in a high up tree and when I went to climb the tree to get it down, a falling stick bumped my throttle to full. The plane shot out of the tree, ripping the rudder clean off, snapping the pushrod, and stripping the servo. Then it went smack into the wire fence around my mom's garden, and it ripped the whole left wing off. Not beyond unrepairable, I know, but I don't have the cash to order the parts I need to fix it. So that's done for a while. Anyways.....I first got into rc to relieve stress from family and school issues but 3D is not helping that at all. It doesnt help to be constantly fixing something when you just want to fly. So, I'm sorry to say I won't be doing 3D for a while. Ill be back when I'm in a better spot in life. For now its gliders for me so I can relax and enjoy flying. Ill see you guys soon hopefully and ill be on when I can.

-Cullen

Sucks to hear man, but if I understand this right, were you climbing the tree with your radio in your hand?

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
No put the radio on the ground and right before the plane fell out a stick fell down and hit the throttle. And did I mention that when I dropped the pole I was getting the plane down with it landed right on the plane? Worst crunching sound ever.......snapped the canopy in half.........

3dplank

70cc twin V2

-Cullen

That sucks. School and life should come first. So many people forget this is a hobby, and it is meant to be for fun. I hope you can drop in and let us know how you are doing. Just because your not flying don't mean you can't chat once in awhile. Good luck, and hope to see ya around.

quadracer

100cc
No put the radio on the ground and right before the plane fell out a stick fell down and hit the throttle. And did I mention that when I dropped the pole I was getting the plane down with it landed right on the plane? Worst crunching sound ever.......snapped the canopy in half.........
Oh, OK. I was wondering how you were planning to carry both plane and radio down the tree.... :)

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Ill be around every now and then. I've got a good half hour before bed every night, which is now up haha. Seeya later guys. Who knows, maybe ill show up at the next fly-in with a 58 Edge :D hey, I've got christmas coming up and ill be saving for like 4 months haha.