• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

gyro

GSN Contributor
I know people don't like hobbyking but I have never personally had a problem and they treat me right. I always buy there batteries and as long as you balance them and what not they are fine. I even use them in my 70" AJ Slick and they work great! I am gonna get that motor from headsuprc.com. From what people say they are awesome.

Dan,

I'm not sure what you mean by "treat me right" as I'm willing to bet you've never spoken to someone from there, and I doubt you have to make a return or get a replacement part... I'd think you'd have a different opinion if you had.

Here's the bottom line: you're probably not going to find any love for HK on 3DRCF... period. Many of us have dealt with them over the years, and while sometimes things work out with them, usually they don't. My personal complaint with them lies in their business practices and theft of intellectual property, as well as the outright copying of desgins from other manufacturers. These issues with HK, (and ability to speak out about it) were one of the reasons this forum was founded.

so if you can buy something elsewhere, I'd recommend that. If you can't... well, then you can't.

Good luck with HURC. Their firepower 46 motor is awesome.

dskuro95

100cc
I have talked to them before. They gave me a free replacement battery, and motor that were damaged in shipping. I am not preaching they are the best I am just saying not everyone has a bad experience with them.

Dan,

I'm not sure what you mean by "treat me right" as I'm willing to bet you've never spoken to someone from there, and I doubt you have to make a return or get a replacement part... I'd think you'd have a different opinion if you had.

Here's the bottom line: you're probably not going to find any love for HK on 3DRCF... period. Many of us have dealt with them over the years, and while sometimes things work out with them, usually they don't. My personal complaint with them lies in their business practices and theft of intellectual property, as well as the outright copying of desgins from other manufacturers. These issues with HK, (and ability to speak out about it) were one of the reasons this forum was founded.

so if you can buy something elsewhere, I'd recommend that. If you can't... well, then you can't.

Good luck with HURC. Their firepower 46 motor is awesome.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have talked to them before. They gave me a free replacement battery, and motor that were damaged in shipping. I am not preaching they are the best I am just saying not everyone has a bad experience with them.

I stand corrected. You're right.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
it really upsets me how they steal designs...there have been numerous examples of botch covering schemes blatantly stolen from 3dhs, which are arron's custom designs. its sad and dissapointing. Without hobbyking, the electric field never would have taken off the way it did. unfortunately, they are getting desperate as other companies have lowered their pricing and upped the ante when it comes to performance. batteries were the only thing i bought for a while, but now you can get literally the same packs from a US distributer for the same price to your door, and support someone in the US while you do it. seems like a win win to me

njswede

150cc
Sorry about making everyone fussy just don't have the cash flow to be buying hacker stuff. I am gonna order this motor tonight form Heads up RC.

Nobody said to buy a Hacker. Check out the FirePower. They are very well built motors and dirt cheap. Plus the fact that HURC is a US vendor with awesome shipping cost and speed and an owner who stands behind his products.

I don't have any strong feelings about HK. I use them occasionally, but I've steered away from them a bit recently, since there are better and easier ways to get stuff locally. Also, all my HobbyKing motors have failed one way or another. Usually the bearings.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Sorry about making everyone fussy just don't have the cash flow to be buying hacker stuff. I am gonna order this motor tonight form Heads up RC.

I'm not saying "get a hacker" but I have had my Hacker A50-12L for 2 years and well over 600 flights on the motor(probably more). I have never oiled or changed the bearings. It still produces the same amount of power it did 2 years ago, and still runs very smooth. I am sure those other motors are great too, but the price on the Hacker is high for a reason.

dskuro95

100cc
I have actually burned up more hackers than turnigy. The hacker a10-9l. I have had 4 burn up and I replaced it with a turnigy equivalent and it has yet to give me toruble.

I'm not saying "get a hacker" but I have had my Hacker A50-12L for 2 years and well over 600 flights on the motor(probably more). I have never oiled or changed the bearings. It still produces the same amount of power it did 2 years ago, and still runs very smooth. I am sure those other motors are great too, but the price on the Hacker is high for a reason.

dskuro95

100cc
I don't like the idea that they stole the schemes either. I mainly just use them for batteries. Sorry for upsetting people everyone has different opionons. And I was just using hacker as an example.

it really upsets me how they steal designs...there have been numerous examples of botch covering schemes blatantly stolen from 3dhs, which are arron's custom designs. its sad and dissapointing. Without hobbyking, the electric field never would have taken off the way it did. unfortunately, they are getting desperate as other companies have lowered their pricing and upped the ante when it comes to performance. batteries were the only thing i bought for a while, but now you can get literally the same packs from a US distributer for the same price to your door, and support someone in the US while you do it. seems like a win win to me

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nobody said to buy a Hacker. Check out the FirePower. They are very well built motors and dirt cheap. Plus the fact that HURC is a US vendor with awesome shipping cost and speed and an owner who stands behind his products.

I don't have any strong feelings about HK. I use them occasionally, but I've steered away from them a bit recently, since there are better and easier ways to get stuff locally. Also, all my HobbyKing motors have failed one way or another. Usually the bearings.

And if someone had suggested the hacker, great.... there is a reason for it, they're good motors. That is why their American retailer/distrubtor, Aero-Model was invited to be a sponsor here. Again, an example of a business standing behind their products with support and service.

+1. Sometimes, you have to pay a few dollars more for quality and warranty coverage. That is why HK crap is so cheap. They use the cheapest components, and the USUALLY don't stand behind their stuff.