• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Why has no one invented a plug with the spark arrestor built in yet? On full scale aircraft we use a ground power plug that makes contact with two pins first as it is plugged in. Surely that idea could be scaled down for a nice and neat RC application.

I think the better question would be: "How long until anti-spark circuitry is built into all HV ESCs?"

I think the Jeti ESCs are beginning to have them as well as some other brands.

SnowDog

So I have been pondering about the anti-spark contraption and what it would take me to get it setup. After a whole 5 minutes I realized that with a 3 month old baby upstairs and the extremely reduced amount of time allotted to me in the man cave at this time I am forgoing the whole idea and let it spark away...

quadracer & 3dNAter, you realize that it is all your fault that I came to this conclusion… thanks for setting me straight… LOL…

Hosam...I have a 6s setup on mine and I just let it spark...it is reassuring to me and I'll watch for pitting and replace connector when needed...since I also don't have time to spend on more elegant solutions :)

G.P.

70cc twin V2
Do you mean something like the Jeti anti-spark bullet connectors?
Well those are a start. I don't like bullets on my lipo packs though...too much risk of shorting during transport IMO. I may just add one those in-line between the esc and battery connection though....

I think the better question would be: "How long until anti-spark circuitry is built into all HV ESCs?"

I think the Jeti ESCs are beginning to have them as well as some other brands.
That would be nice. I had a Hacker esc with one, but each pack needed another wire soldered into them. It was a huge pain, and the esc worked like crap (poor throttle response and throttle curve).

G.P.

70cc twin V2
Saw a post that said that the long awaited 2m Osiris may be brought out by a different (non-3DHS) company. Anybody heard what the inside scoop is?

hosam

70cc twin V2
Hosam...I have a 6s setup on mine and I just let it spark...it is reassuring to me and I'll watch for pitting and replace connector when needed...since I also don't have time to spend on more elegant solutions :)

I have been dealing with the spark for 2 years on my 68 & 70 Velox on 6s and never replaced the plugs but when I was setting up my 58 and after a couple of sparks I noticed micro welds on the Dean connector. That is what made me think about the anti spark set up. But as I noted early time is of the essence for me right now so I will deal with the spark and just replace a few plugs in the future. Maybe a better solution will come at a later time...

Interesting...maybe Andrew will have his design manufactured by another ARF company. We're seeing more and more ARF companies these days competing for our hobby dollar. Great for us to have choices! We're always looking to spend our dollars where the company has it in stock, gets it to us lightning fast, delivers great quality and provides great customer service. We don't ask for much do we?

wedoitall

i do love my Osiris. in the short time ive had it, ive learned alot. BUT as soon as it fulfills its purpose of helping me improve my precision 3d, it will be retired.