• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

gyro

GSN Contributor
thanks :(, you guys have created more work for me now :facepalm:

I think I will get mini deans and hook them in parallel as Swede noted... I should only need one resistor on the positive side unless you guys disagree?!?!

Before you set out on this adventure... I've gotta ask. Are you concerned about the spark, or just find it annoying? I run EC5 connectors on my 6 and 8s setups, and the spark is always contained inside the plug so I really don't give it any more thought.

-G

njswede

150cc
Gyro, the only thing I would be concerned with is how the sudden surge of current affects the filter capacitors. The spark itself is relatively harmless, although it's startled me more than once. I suppose, in theory, a spark arrester would prolong the life of the ESC by allowing the capacitors to charge slower and at a lower current.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Before you set out on this adventure... I've gotta ask. Are you concerned about the spark, or just find it annoying? I run EC5 connectors on my 6 and 8s setups, and the spark is always contained inside the plug so I really don't give it any more thought.

-G

Sparks corrode connectors. Each spark puts a pit in the connector. Over time, you slowly destroy your connectors with those sparks.

hosam

70cc twin V2
As Jim and Jeff said, the reason I started to consider the anti spark thingy is the little arc weld marks noted on the plugs. From previous experience it will harm the connectors and could cause power loss and a plane to crash. Yes Gary I will commiserate with you.lol...

Yes the spark hurts the connector but I like I remembering castle saying if you don't get a spark not matter what voltage, then something is wrong and don't fly.

If you listen or in a dark room, 3s does spark when you plug it to the esc