• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Put another couple flights on my 42 today and still cannot believe how sweet a machine that thing is. So impressed with it. While my 48 is floatier, the slick just tracks so much better in the air. I love it. I could fly that thing all day long. Hopefully will get some video the next time out.

joshgluck

100cc
A couple questions on the 48" EPP Extra.

I picked up a used airframe and need to install the motor and servos which leads me to a couple of questions:

Mounting the omega motor I didn't see blind nuts in the firewall and was unsure if it was a previous owner repair or if it's stock. If stock do you use appropriate bolts, flat washer, crush washer, and nut? Am I missing something?

On installing the tail servos any ideas on how to fish some drag through the fuse? Was thinking of trying a control rod with thread taped to the end and routing it from inside the front fuse back to the mounts and then pulling the servo wire through.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Used a piece of stiff wire when I needed to do that on my 40 inch. Stiff enough to hold its shape but can bend it if you need to.