• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Jim
Since I'm new to electrics I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was overlooking or a known issue. I'm sure Noll will help me out.

Honestly sounds like the shaft pulled through the base slightly, and when spinning allows the front of the magnets to grind on the stators.

joshgluck

100cc
Honestly sounds like the shaft pulled through the base slightly, and when spinning allows the front of the magnets to grind on the stators.

So you think if I pull the motor is might be able to tap the shaft and reset the set screw or better to just call it in for replacement?

gyro

GSN Contributor
So you think if I pull the motor is might be able to tap the shaft and reset the set screw or better to just call it in for replacement?

You're going to have to pull it off the plane anyway, might as well look and see if the shaft is loose.

Anyone hear of an ETA on 71" AJ Slick (gassers)? Wondering if they will have some in by the Toledo show? Seems like 3dhs is out of a lot of stock right now.

Also, how different is the build on the electric versions? They say in their description they are both the same from the wings back.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That is true - they are supposed to be the same from the wings back...but the fronts are very different.

What would be really cool is if they combine the two versions into one, and make them like the 74 Edge, 72 Extra, and 70 Velox... just toss in a firewall extention for the E-power, and make all replacement parts the same.

ryan_m

100cc
What would be really cool is if they combine the two versions into one, and make them like the 74 Edge, 72 Extra, and 70 Velox... just toss in a firewall extention for the E-power, and make all replacement parts the same.

The tradeoff there of course is the wide range of battery placements that the e-version allows for. Which is nice as it lets us run all manner of power systems in it. All that said, the trend lately is for bigger motors and more power and I'd wager than the majority of setups lately have the packs pretty far near the back of the tray, which would lead right into being able to have just one model.

If it would help the darn things stay in stock I think it would be a fantastic move all things considered!

joshgluck

100cc
You're going to have to pull it off the plane anyway, might as well look and see if the shaft is loose.

So I emailed with Noll who replied straight away this am to ship it back. When I pulled it off the plane I noticed the prop adapter had a slight bit of play and figured Gary might be right.. Then I looked closer and realized maybe I'm just an idiot. I tightened down the prop adapter and reinstalled the prop. H d turning it feels just like new. Checked it against my Omega 103g and my hacker a50-12s and they all feel just as notchy to me.

I emailed Noll and said I'll hold off sending it back until I can test fly it again. At this point I bet it's not the motor and it's just me :)

Jim - I told you I was new to electrics :p

Thanks guys