• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
So I emailed with Noll who replied straight away this am to ship it back. When I pulled it off the plane I noticed the prop adapter had a slight bit of play and figured Gary might be right.. Then I looked closer and realized maybe I'm just an idiot. I tightened down the prop adapter and reinstalled the prop. H d turning it feels just like new. Checked it against my Omega 103g and my hacker a50-12s and they all feel just as notchy to me.

I emailed Noll and said I'll hold off sending it back until I can test fly it again. At this point I bet it's not the motor and it's just me :)

Jim - I told you I was new to electrics :p

Thanks guys
You should feel notchiness. But not grinding.
Maybe you just have a screw loose?

:cool:

gyro

GSN Contributor
So I emailed with Noll who replied straight away this am to ship it back. When I pulled it off the plane I noticed the prop adapter had a slight bit of play and figured Gary might be right.. Then I looked closer and realized maybe I'm just an idiot. I tightened down the prop adapter and reinstalled the prop. H d turning it feels just like new. Checked it against my Omega 103g and my hacker a50-12s and they all feel just as notchy to me.

I emailed Noll and said I'll hold off sending it back until I can test fly it again. At this point I bet it's not the motor and it's just me :)

Jim - I told you I was new to electrics :p

Thanks guys

Glad you might have it figured out so quickly! If you didn't already do so, I'd put some blue loctite on those prop adapter bolts. Obviously they won't back out completely as the prop covers them, but they could back out enough to creat a bit of a wobble, and that'll ruin the motor rather quickly!

What would be really cool is if they combine the two versions into one, and make them like the 74 Edge, 72 Extra, and 70 Velox... just toss in a firewall extention for the E-power, and make all replacement parts the same.

Amen brother! It would really be nice if they did that. There must be a good reason, otherwise I'm sure they would like to maximize their stock/warehouse space by only having two 71" Slicks vs. four. I guess I'm spoiled with the Velox's flexibility. I didn't realize the 74 Edge and 72 Extra were capable of going both ways. Learn something new everyday!

njswede

150cc
The other day, I had a chance to try 3DHS customer service for the first time. I had misplaced the screws for the SFGs on my 72" Extra and I emailed to ask what size they are so I could go buy some new ones. 30 minutes later I had an email from 3DHS with the dimension of the screws. They also offered to send me some. Today they arrived.

Call me fan boy if you want, but that's pretty good in my book!