• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You making progress it always takes a long time to finish off a plane. Sometimes you do it a couple off times because things get in the way.
Like your overflow nice and clean install.
On the ends of you snake skin you just put heat shrink on to keep it tidy.
Like your canister tunnel looks nice and big you get something into that hole.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I decided to add some vents in the bottom rear of the fuselage behind the pipe cover. I also realized the other day that I had never cut any holes for the elevator extensions, so I took care of the too. I also added some tabs in the fuselage to route the elevator extensions through.

20170226_195113_resized.jpg
20170226_202229_resized.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Doug, what and where did you get the fancy receiver mount? Looks pretty cool.

It's a Secraft. I got it from Aztec Aeromodels. I've had one in my Edge for about 5 years. I had to spend a little time thinning down the rubber grommets because they were a bit thick, and I used 4-40's and blind nuts to hold it down instead of the wood screws it came with.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Hope you've seen the recall on the new Powersafe receivers? Im a Futaba guy but, noticed some discussion on FB