• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

wedoitall

AWESOME report Hone! I have the same plan as you gonna keep my MXS and get rid of my 48"ers. Would be really nice to have a wide range in Lipos and CG. Glad you got another 60 up and running

hone

150cc
AWESOME report Hone! I have the same plan as you gonna keep my MXS and get rid of my 48"ers. Would be really nice to have a wide range in Lipos and CG. Glad you got another 60 up and running

Thanks. I still need me some MXS. It'll be a while before i get one but i'm looking forward to it.

The plane weighed 5 lbs without battery and 6.4 lbs with a haiyin 3600. Flew like a feather when doing 3D though

hone

150cc
Do you remember what you setup your elevator throws?
I just maxed everything out to get as much throw as i could. I should really measure my throws but i usually just eyeball it. Didn't program low rates yet either.

I have 45% expo on rudder and ailerons and 50% on the elevator. It's VERY responsive with those settings.

wedoitall

I also remember both the 48 and the 64 it took me a good 15-20 flights before I really felt comfortable. That's when I started to really have a love affair with the MXS. Maybe the laser will be the same. I can see me getting rid of my MXS's tho. I thought about selling the 48, hadn't flew it for awhile until the flyin a couple weeks ago. Its gonna be really hard to let it go. But I cant fly them all, all of the time. I need to stick to one or 2 planes and just fly the crap out of them.

wedoitall

I just maxed everything out to get as much throw as i could. I should really measure my throws but i usually just eyeball it. Didn't program low rates yet either.

I have 45% expo on rudder and ailerons and 50% on the elevator. It's VERY responsive with those settings.

I usually use just insane rates with about 60-65 expo on ailerons, 60 on elevator and 45-50 on rudder. I will drop my rates down on rudder/elevator for like rifle rolls and whatnot.

I was wondering about the throws on the elevator so when I Ca the hinges how big of a hinge gap I should use. On my MXS I didn't get crazy I think I maxed it out between 68-70 degrees and actually fly with 65. I actually wish I woulda made the gap just a hair bigger on the MXS. I fly it with a forward CG, 3300's about 1" or so from the wingtube. It woulda been nice to have a few degrees more for elevators with that forward CG. But lately I haven't been doing a lot of elevators, but would still have been nice to have the extra throw for when I would want to do them. still no big deal, it still does really nice elevators. both the 48 and 60 MXS is the only planes I have that I like a forward CG

hone

150cc
Glad to hear success on your maiden. Where did the batteries wind up with your 3300's?

About the middle of the tray. I kind of just threw them in and flew cause the sun was going down. It balance in the middle of the wingtube.

I only get 4:45 out of the 6s 3300 but i get the same flight time from 4s 2600s on my 48'' plane which most people get at least 5 minutes with. I'm a throttle jockey :p

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Great thanks, I saw so much tray that went under the cowl I was worried the battery needed up there.

The pack didn't go under the cowl at all actually. I thought it would when i saw all the space up there too. The only thing that worries me is if i step up to 6s 4000s i may not be able to achieve proper CG. I'm sure a 6s 4000 would end up against the wingtube.

Last edited by a moderator: