• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

3dbandit

100cc
Almost done putting my laser together.

Everything is going smooth so far.

I just started installing my servos(Spektrum 5060) and have run into the first little issue. One of the servos twitches like it has Parkinson.
For those of you who saw the elevator servos on my 104, this makes those look like a non issue....:facepalm:

The faulty servo was on my rudder and it shook so violently that the plane was moving across my work bench. :(

Horizon will be receiving a call from an unhappy customer tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor

I just started installing my servos(Spektrum 5060) and have run into the first little issue. One of the servos twitches like it has Parkinson.
For those of you who saw the elevator servos on my 104, this makes those look like a non issue....:facepalm:

The faulty servo was on my rudder and it shook so violently that the plane was moving across my work bench. :(

Damn... What is it with you and servos?!?! :p

Luv3d

70cc twin V2

Stinks to find this out, but SO MUCH BETTER to find it out before flying....I almost lost my edge to an alternate companies HV servos. One on the elevator failed right after touchdown on a landing- how lucky was I that day???

3dbandit

100cc
Damn... What is it with you and servos?!?! :p

The servos must have watched my videos and got scared... :p

After speaking to horizon today, I can say their service is phenomenal. After listening to what I had to say, they decided to ship me a new servo without the need to see my original one.

Once again, I'm a happy customer.

I picked up a replacement at the LHS, so hopefully I will Maiden Friday or Sunday.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The servos must have watched my videos and got scared... :p

After speaking to horizon today, I can say their service is phenomenal. After listening to what I had to say, they decided to ship me a new servo without the need to see my original one.

Once again, I'm a happy customer.

I picked up a replacement at the LHS, so hopefully I will Maiden Friday or Sunday.

Another example why their Customer Service gets rave reviews!

Mine will be here tomorrow!

Oh yeah! :D

Well I have the same exact problem with my 5060s and I just called them and they said send them in rather than offering to replace them. I uploaded a video of it. They were even doing it in flight with a little off center in forward flight.

I will bring them to the FLI and demonstrate. They are very powerful and quick though. I will try the velcro trick

[video=youtube_share;luG4qd1IY1M]http://youtu.be/luG4qd1IY1M[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I have had many digitals do that. I just put a small piece of the fussy side of velcro in between the balance tab and the stab and that fixes it. Very common problem and very common solution.