• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 73" AJ Laser 230Z

Tseres

150cc
Tom if you need some Tygon tubing let me know. I ordered a 100' roll from McMaster Carr a while back and it is way cheaper than ordering it in the small packs. Be more than happy to just send you some. just tell me how much you need.

Thanks Chris. I have enough for now but I will remember that in the fall when I'm gathering parts for winter builds and spring tune ups.

Tseres

150cc
Murphy's Law is still working on me. I forgot to order a prop drill Jig for the DA-35. The DLE drill jig does not fit the DA. If I wait for the drill jig to come in then I still couldn't fly the plane tomorrow so I took the prop washer and made my own Drill Jig. I used the DA-50 Jig and added some holes. Worked out great. That old saying still hold true. "Necessity is the Mother of Invention". :)

I mounted the ignition. Mounted the fuel tank. Realized today that I should have turned the Vent Elbow facing the back. Put a 1/8 bras tube through the bottom of the plane that the vent line is going to hook up to. Forgot to take a picture of it. Mounted the McFueler and the pin switch. Also put some Velcro on the Futaba receiver.

I messed around to long drilling the prop and the backplate. Not sure If I'll be ready for the maiden tomorrow... It may be in the evening if it happens at all. Still have to fit the nose cone to the prop. That'll take a while.

DSC_0061.JPG
DSC_0062.JPG
DSC_0063.JPG
DSC_0064.JPG
DSC_0065.JPG
DSC_0066.JPG

Last edited:

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
I drilled my DA-50 prop drill guide to also accomodate my DLE 35RA props using the DLE 35RA prop washer like you have in the first pic above. Works great.

Tseres

150cc
It's been a long day. Today I cut the spinner for the 20-9 Falcon Prop. Remounted the pin Switch cause I had to make a plate for it. Mounted the wheel pants and the Wheels. Mounted the IBEC. Finished cutting out the cowl. Pre-balanced the plane to see where the batteries would end up. The balance point is at 5 3/8at the root of the wing... The problem is that I don't know how I'm going to mount the batteries.

It's always Exciting for me when I put a plane together for the first time. This plane did not disapoint. Looks great in person.

All that's left is 2 aileron Extensions. Mount the batteries. set up the servos in the transmitter. Start the engine up and pre tune it. Go Fly. :)

DSC_0067.JPG
DSC_0068.JPG
DSC_0069.JPG
DSC_0070.JPG
DSC_0071.JPG
DSC_0072.JPG
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0075.JPG
DSC_0076.JPG
DSC_0077.JPG
DSC_0078.JPG
DSC_0079.JPG
DSC_0080.JPG

kork

70cc twin V2
Nice job!
2 things/
what grinding device do you use for fitting your spinners and who made the balancer?
I don't ever remember seeing a cut that perfect on a aluminum spinner.
No doubt that is one awesome looking bird you have there.
Enjoy the maiden!

Tseres

150cc
Got the plane finished up and headed out to the field at 2:30pm. Had my Friends Bob and Perry meet me there. Tom Jr. Also showed up a little later.

The Engine fired right up at home and didn't need much tweaking. The plane looked great and flew great for about 43 seconds. That's when the canopy flew off and ruined my day. It's my fault. I didn't have the latch on all the way and the balsa ripped out. I can tell you this. The plane did not get affected by loosing the cannopy. I made the prettiest 3 point landing that I can remember. Unfortunately the canopy is a write off and I have to order another one. So not much to report on the flying except I felt right at home flying it in a 15mph crosswind. I could tell right away that this is going to be a great flying plane. Hopefully I can get another canopy before I have to leave for Joe Nall.

DSC_0081.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG
DSC_0083.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0085.JPG
DSC_0086.JPG
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0088.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG
DSC_0090.JPG
I

HornetNZ

50cc
Nice job!
2 things/
what grinding device do you use for fitting your spinners and who made the balancer?
I don't ever remember seeing a cut that perfect on a aluminum spinner.
No doubt that is one awesome looking bird you have there.
Enjoy the maiden!

Id like to know this too!