• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

I did my 92 this morning. Put some epoxy in a mixing cup and dilluted it 2:1 with alcohol. Then I brushed it on with a epoxy brush. Only took 10 minutes.

I have not baffled any of my motors yet, but after having to sent my DA-120 back last season I think I am going to do it to my 104 at least. [MENTION=443]ghoffman[/MENTION] is going to work with the 3D printer to make ABS baffles for a trial.

The VVRC 40 was first in a yak with direct airflow over it. Now it is in a 78 extra and has less direct airflow. I only flew it in this plane in 60 degree temps so I am not sure if there will be any issues.

After looking at the cowl and Clearence to the carb there doesn't seem to be any Clearence for a baffle on the 74 so if it is an issue the only option is to close it off or put a air ram on carb maybe.

I also just fuel proofed and used polyurathane . The only problem I had was my o.c.d kicked in again and had to force myself to not urethane the whole plane.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Here's some pics of the progress. Only need to Finnish some wiring and change out the opto kill for a tech aero once its delivered and go with a single battery even though its balanced perfectly with a half tank fuel with this layout so not sure if I will go single batt. Thanks for all the help everyone through the build. Will try and post the maiden flight.

Here's some pics of the progress. ...

It looks like a nice clean build. Congrats.

This airframe was my first gasser. I was worried about how the CG would change as I burned up fuel. But I can't say I even notice it yet. I only have about 25 flights on my plane so far, but I fly quite a bit inverted and I don't really feel much difference in the CG between beginning and end of flight. You may be at a much more advanced level than I am, but the airframe seems pretty tolerant of CG in my experience. In my smaller electric, I could definitely feel a difference if I moved the battery pack 1/2" one way or the other.

Marc

It looks like a nice clean build. Congrats.

This airframe was my first gasser. I was worried about how the CG would change as I burned up fuel. But I can't say I even notice it yet. I only have about 25 flights on my plane so far, but I fly quite a bit inverted and I don't really feel much difference in the CG between beginning and end of flight. You may be at a much more advanced level than I am, but the airframe seems pretty tolerant of CG in my experience. In my smaller electric, I could definitely feel a difference if I moved the battery pack 1/2" one way or the other.

Marc

Thanks Marc and thanks for the info on cg. with this beeing my first gasser i didnt know what to expect with the fuel wieght .

Well i just got the dx9 because i didnt like the throttle after starting the twin with the dx6i with no throttle curves. The engine started very easy and idled great but was at full throttle at 3/4 stick. Now i can also go 150% on servos and dont need to buy longer arms. Now just need to figure out programing and should be ready to maiden this weekend.

You will not be sorry for changing your radio. There is very little different in the DX-18 and the DX-9. The ability to do 4 servo wings, balancer, idle down mixes, knife edge mixing all make the experience so much better.

You will not be sorry for changing your radio. There is very little different in the DX-18 and the DX-9. The ability to do 4 servo wings, balancer, idle down mixes, knife edge mixing all make the experience so much better.

Ya I am seeing the huge differences now and trying to figure it out. The dx9 is so easy to program a basic setup but now trying to figure out the speech to switches,my god this thing does so much.

Got the maiden flight done and went perfect. No trim at all needed and the twin started with 5 or so flips and ran pretty good even though really rich so my next flight will lean out a bit. I am so glad i went with a gas setup. Cg is perfect. Thanks to all for answering my questions.