• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 64" 20% Scale Electric Conversion MXS-R At Joe Nall 2015

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yes I was talking about the SFG sorta. The ones Im talking about look like the pic below. The stock SFG's that come with this plane are definitely a different style.

mxs_r_rgb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh I think I found them. Looks like you have two choices right?

These with just the rounded ones:
MXSR-20CC-BKR_D_2.jpg

Or these:
MXSR-20CC-BKR_D_15.jpg

Do I have that right? I like the smaller rounded tips.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Top photo are the wingtips, bottom photo are the side force generators. You can use them separately or together, just like the Extreme Flight MXS. Would look something like this:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 277

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
"SFG's" or Side Force Generators as they were originally coined are just vertical wingtips that help smooth out the vortexes that roll off of the wingtips. Airliners have them to help aid in stability when in the air and for turns, but we use them to help with high alpha knife edge as well as low and slow huckin', they make the wingtips a lot more stable and can help reduce wing rock in harriers and make your rudder feel like it's a lot bigger or has more authority. When you change the airplanes angle relative to its heading (knife edge for example) they will force air in the opposite direction you are going to help generate more lift, or make your airplane turn a lot smoother.

Definitely worth having them on a 3D airplane.

The MXS uses them to help push the tip vortexes outward and away from the airplane, and reducing induced drag. Basically they make the wing effectively bigger and slipperier out at the tips. Not sure how effective they are on our smaller airplane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
@Aerobeez Hey guys I just purchased your 64" MSXR could you please check it before shipping :) BTW I am really loving my 70 Slick Pro on 12S... :thumbup: