• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Got a little done this evening, the top wings are wired and functional. I forgot to mention, a few days ago while strolling the manual (yep, I'm anal) I noticed the kit supplied fuel tank and it just looked large, turns out it was a 50oz tank. I had installed a 32oz one I had and I say had because seeing they call for fifty made me think about how small a 32oz might become on this beasty 150 so I pulled it out and ordered a 50. The new tank is slated for delivery tomorrow, perfect timing as next up is to finish up the tank connections and install the exhaust.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have partially installed the new reed, partially because I am waiting for the sealant to glaze over to fully tighten it up. By that time the fuel tank might be here and I can button up the engine compartment. And some where in there I will install the throttle servo, have not yet because I am not quite sure of where I want it. There is no where on the engine box to put it and if I run the throttle rod through the firewall that would put the servo right next to the ignition. I don't really think there would be a problem but the thought is always there. I guess I could move it further into the fuse and use a carbon rod for linkage, that's probably what I'll do.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got a little done this evening, the top wings are wired and functional. I forgot to mention, a few days ago while strolling the manual (yep, I'm anal) I noticed the kit supplied fuel tank and it just looked large, turns out it was a 50oz tank. I had installed a 32oz one I had and I say had because seeing they call for fifty made me think about how small a 32oz might become on this beasty 150 so I pulled it out and ordered a 50. The new tank is slated for delivery tomorrow, perfect timing as next up is to finish up the tanko connections and install the exhaust.
I had a big tank cannot remember the exact size around 50 oz and I found it to big fly solid a 12 to 15 minutes and landed with at least 1/3 to1/2 depending on how I flew I then put in a 1 liter tank which is-about 33 oz and it was perfect. This was for DA 150. 50 oz takes along time to fill and draining it was a pain at the end of the day plus all the extra weight that I was not using.

WMcNabb

150cc
Got a little done this evening, the top wings are wired and functional. I forgot to mention, a few days ago while strolling the manual (yep, I'm anal) I noticed the kit supplied fuel tank and it just looked large, turns out it was a 50oz tank. I had installed a 32oz one I had and I say had because seeing they call for fifty made me think about how small a 32oz might become on this beasty 150 so I pulled it out and ordered a 50. The new tank is slated for delivery tomorrow, perfect timing as next up is to finish up the tank connections and install the exhaust.

Who is your preferred supplier for fuel tanks?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Speaking of fuel tanks....

Attachments

• P1090321.JPG
    P1090321.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 268