• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

Attempted to run the AW, or I should say the 3W, today but something is wrong with the carb. It fire's up but don't really run much past a high idle and I noticed fuel continuously dripping from the carb. And when I tipped it to drain the tank the fuel was running out of the carb freely. I will take it apart and check it out as soon as I can, maybe tomorrow as all I have is a couple hours of painting to do.
I also ordered the wing bags today from Carf/Revoc, that was a little sticker shock but it will be well worth it in the long run.
Robert,

You will absolutely love those Revoc wingbags......purpose made for the model and it shows...Bill

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
For carburetor to leak like that it is my guess is that Inlet needle is not working properly.
I will give it a quick look but usually I don't much fool with carbs, to easy to just replace it.
Update: I gave it that quick look and as usual could not see anything wrong. And as usual I am going to replace it, just have to find where I can get one. I'll start with Gerhard at Aircraft International and go from there.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I will give it a quick look but usually I don't much fool with carbs, to easy to just replace it.
Update: I gave it that quick look and as usual could not see anything wrong. And as usual I am going to replace it, just have to find where I can get one. I'll start with Gerhard at Aircraft International and go from there.

If you are getting it from 3W you will be willing to have a look at it and maybe rebuilding it.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
If you are getting it from 3W you will be willing to have a look at it and maybe rebuilding it.
Yea, I discovered that a few minutes ago, about $200. So now I am trying to find somewhere else that sells them, so far no luck but it could just be my search engine.
This is a Walbro WGA-7 carb series 570, I think that is what all the numbers mean.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea, I discovered that a few minutes ago, about $200. So now I am trying to find somewhere else that sells them, so far no luck but it could just be my search engine.
This is a Walbro WGA-7 carb series 570, I think that is what all the numbers mean.

Spent some time looking for you walbro does not list it so it is proprietary carb that is made for 3W and only 3W can buy it from them. There is no listings from walbro at all. But I do know if you are interested but a walbro carburetor from a DA150 will do the trick. Or just buy the full rebuild kit from 3W and give it a try and rebuild it and see if it works great, if not keep looking or try another carburetor.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@acerc this is what I found on the WG series carburetor hope it works but from what I have been able to find a DA carb should work.

WG
The carburetors of the WG series are designed for professional chain saws of 100 cc displacement or larger. Meets all CARB and EPA regulations.
● Proper function in any attitude
● Metering system and fuel pump integrated in the carburetor casting
● Adjustable high speed needles, idle needles and available idle adjust screw
● Can be delivered with or without choke
● Available extras: speed governor, accelerator system, fast idle system, air purge system, easy starting system
● Tamper-resistant options available

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Snoop. I have a couple guys on that other forum tell me about the DA 150 working on their 3W's. I have the Walbro line up and reference sheet but it did not list this carb. The funny thing is the parts warehouse and ereplacement parts both list parts and kits for it though. So as it stands I have the rebuild kit coming but I have also ordered the DA 150/170 carb. I figure I can rebuild it for ten bucks and see if it works and have the DA on hand in case it don't. I have read elsewhere also that the 3W carb is calibrated for a 100cc which makes a little small for the 150. There is a lot of information out there but one never really knows what is real and what is Memorex.
All I do know as of right now is I have ordered the rebuild kit, it is only ten bucks, and I have ordered the DA 150/170 carb. I will try the DA and if not happy then rebuild the 3W and if still not happy send the whole thing to Gerhard with instructions to get the bloody thing running at full capacity.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Snoop. I have a couple guys on that other forum tell me about the DA 150 working on their 3W's. I have the Walbro line up and reference sheet but it did not list this carb. The funny thing is the parts warehouse and ereplacement parts both list parts and kits for it though. So as it stands I have the rebuild kit coming but I have also ordered the DA 150/170 carb. I figure I can rebuild it for ten bucks and see if it works and have the DA on hand in case it don't. I have read elsewhere also that the 3W carb is calibrated for a 100cc which makes a little small for the 150. There is a lot of information out there but one never really knows what is real and what is Memorex.
All I do know as of right now is I have ordered the rebuild kit, it is only ten bucks, and I have ordered the DA 150/170 carb. I will try the DA and if not happy then rebuild the 3W and if still not happy send the whole thing to Gerhard with instructions to get the bloody thing running at full capacity.
You are doing exactly the way I would do it if all fails send it back to the manufacturer and let him deal with it. Can’t see why the DA carburetor won’t do the trick the only thing that can be a bit of a nuisance is choke and throttle hook up.