• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroworks Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L

When I put the hacker a60-5s on my yak I got 2678 watts at 86 amps if you believe castle link I don't know weight but I would guess over 11.5 pounds with 2 4s 5000 mah pack I really like the power I would not call it insane for this one I'm going to try gas I have a 30 was going to sell then buy 35 I think I'm going to use 30 if not enough power try da 35 this winter

JohnJ300

30cc
The only thing that I've heard is that the AW planes build heavy...which I would think would make for a tough electric conversion...
SnowDog, the quick build - light planes are very light weight. These are some really nice kits that AW is producing. They are only producing the 52 inch electric and the 79inch 30cc version but I hear that in the future a larger kit will be available.

gyro

GSN Contributor
SnowDog, the quick build - light planes are very light weight. These are some really nice kits that AW is producing. They are only producing the 52 inch electric and the 79inch 30cc version but I hear that in the future a larger kit will be available.

John, aren't there some other QB-L models or just those two?

SnowDog

Good info John, thanks for reminding me about the QB-L kits from AW!

I'm really suprised there aint more intrest in this plane I just got mine in the air last weekend I really like it I have the 71" slick so far I like them both one gas one gas the other electric I kind of like the electric better but this is my first gas plane and I'm learning more every day

Feral

Picking mine up this weekend it will be electric cant decide to go the power 180 or get something special wound up for me

Feral

Limited to what I can buy being in australia thanks for the info though mate.

I have a connection to Xnova Motors he does my heli stuff I have asked him to design a beast motor for me. Ill have to wait untill the morning for a reply.

I aaked for 3500+w swinging a 22x10e on 10s.

We're getting 94% efficiency out of my heli motors.

Should be interesting to see what he has in mind