• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroworks Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L

Feral

Not too sure on 12s as yet depending on what motor I end up running will determine that.
I have mountains of packs for just about any HV setup.

If I go the power 180 on 10s and 22x10e it should be in the weight range to use the packs to cg.
But if it still wants more grunt 12s will be the go

At the moment the 8s pack is stuffed against the the engine box and it was way tail heavy

I have run into this dilemma twice recently trying to use a 6s system in a plane built for gas. The first plane I went with a 12s setup to get the CG correct, but it still flew a bit odd in certain 3D moves with the weight distribution being different than the gas setup. I was using a Hacker A60-8S specifically because it is a heavier motor than the Motrolfly.

Feral

I know what you mean mate my buddy has a 78 extra with a rimfire 50cc in it on 12s it does not fly good he has too smaller prop on it with too much pitch

The 78 is a tweener. Cody calls it a shrunk down 50cc. All the ones up here are 13 pounds which is heavy for 30cc. Mine has a VVRC-40 and the other 3 have DLE-35s on ES composites pipes. It was designed around 2M pattern 10s power systems. Other have put 50cc motors on them but a 12s 5000 system would be stupid power, but it would come in heavy.

When I get it done I want to compare my redwing 50cc slick to it as it should build out around 15.5 pounds.