• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Airplane Cradles in the Shop, What works, what doesn't?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
@Bartman , get you some large foam blocks. Carve them or glue them together to suit your needs. When you don't need them, just stack them in the corner somewhere.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Here's my stand....have a total of about $12 invested. It's an adjustable clothes rack from Wally World. Added some PVC fittings on top of the verticals. Then slide a PVC pipe (or your wing tube) thru the fuse. I support the tail with an old music stand (freeby).

On my 35% Krill I can flip the whole plane over while in the stand. I can't do the Raven with the wheel on as they are too wide to go thru the verticals....otherwise it would do the same thing. Just make sure you have ceiling clearance for the tail.

Makes it easy to move around in the shop as all 4 wheels are full caster. just pick the tail up a tad and roll it.

I've been thinking strongly about making something with this concept out of plywood, CNC'd out of one sheet. I will probably put a small shelf on both sides so when you are working and have a tool or a handfull of screws there is a place to put them. I may have to do this soon......

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That looks like all that I need. Don't forget that in your AMA magazine Harbour Freight offers 25% discount coupons which makes this an even better deal

Id imagine if someone wanted to spend a little time with it, they could turn that into something just like the tower hobbies tube stand.

Here's my stand....have a total of about $12 invested. It's an adjustable clothes rack from Wally World. Added some PVC fittings on top of the verticals. Then slide a PVC pipe (or your wing tube) thru the fuse. I support the tail with an old music stand (freeby).

On my 35% Krill I can flip the whole plane over while in the stand. I can't do the Raven with the wheel on as they are too wide to go thru the verticals....otherwise it would do the same thing. Just make sure you have ceiling clearance for the tail.

Makes it easy to move around in the shop as all 4 wheels are full caster. just pick the tail up a tad and roll it.
View attachment 30677 View attachment 30676 View attachment 30675 View attachment 30674View attachment 30678

Looks a little nose heavy in a couple of those pics

I've been thinking strongly about making something with this concept out of plywood, CNC'd out of one sheet. I will probably put a small shelf on both sides so when you are working and have a tool or a handfull of screws there is a place to put them. I may have to do this soon......

What, you live in a Holiday Inn or something? Always thinking up cool stuff or mods. And he will probably have pics of it finished this afternoon! :banana-dance:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I bet you could sell them in kit form.:yesss:

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG

The EF Extra is sitting on a "Keyboard Stand" that I got at Best Buy for $24... you can adjust it and flip the plane over also, and it will fit before the turtledeck so no dents. I can get more pics if you would like.

You can also get these used on Craigslist or Music-go-round if you have them.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/on-stag...1306302034.p?id=mp1306302034&skuId=1306302034

I don't know why the pics are in there so many times! I guess I want the t-shirt....