• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Airplane Cradles in the Shop, What works, what doesn't?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Forgot, the tool trays can go on inside and still rotate the plane upside down.

Attachments

• 20150710_205549.jpg
    20150710_205549.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 275

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I may be the lowest tech of all: I use a couple of folding tables, covered with carpet: the planes get no scratch, the wheel don't roll easily, and when I need to flip it upside down, I rest the plane on the short side of the table; the plane rests on the flat upper top plate, between the cowl and the turtle-deck.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I may be the lowest tech of all: I use a couple of folding tables, covered with carpet: the planes get no scratch, the wheel don't roll easily, and when I need to flip it upside down, I rest the plane on the short side of the table; the plane rests on the flat upper top plate, between the cowl and the turtle-deck.

I like this idea. If we get a new house that I can build a covering table in the man cave I was thinking about foam with lightweight carpet on top.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Prototype of the prototype mocked up. Found a few things I want to do different and have a design for a CNC cut tail holder. I'll do the first full test on Monday and ultimately the entire thing will go together without tools and come apart for storage:yesss:. It will also have casters.

See what you dun did @Pistolera !!!!

View attachment 30714 View attachment 30717 View attachment 30721

Very nice Terry! Kudos to those of you using the wing tube for support! Never thought of that!

Having said all of that, I have a keyboard stand and I think it's going to be very good for the space I have and the work I have to do in the near term.

So, as promised, a free GiantScaleNews.com t-shirt to @AEROSHELDON !!!!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I'm going to narrow the base so that the parts all combined should fit in a 24 x 36 x 6" box or so. It will be heavy though so not sure what shipping will be. I know I have a couple of friends that will want one that I would have to ship to.
The base doesn't have to be solid. You could cut some lightening holes in it which should help out with the shipping cost.