• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Airplane Cradles in the Shop, What works, what doesn't?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Prototype complete, have to make one small revision. However I have decided that I'm not going to give one away as a contest, we will probably give several away as pilots prizes at events through the rest of the year and into next year instead. Be sure to attend these small huckfests and events, take part, and go to have fun, support their club, meet new people.......and with luck win a bitchin' plane stand!!

I'll start a thread soon so I don't side-track this one any further......

image005.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Prototype complete, have to make one small revision. However I have decided that I'm not going to give one away as a contest, we will probably give several away as pilots prizes at events through the rest of the year and into next year instead. Be sure to attend these small huckfests and events, take part, and go to have fun, support their club, meet new people.......and with luck win a bitchin' plane stand!!

I'll start a thread soon so I don't side-track this one any further......

View attachment 31726
Epic product and an epic idea for the give-a-way. Mikey like.:yesss:

aerocowboy82

Holy Sh!t!!!
Here's my stand....have a total of about $12 invested. It's an adjustable clothes rack from Wally World. Added some PVC fittings on top of the verticals. Then slide a PVC pipe (or your wing tube) thru the fuse. I support the tail with an old music stand (freeby).

On my 35% Krill I can flip the whole plane over while in the stand. I can't do the Raven with the wheel on as they are too wide to go thru the verticals....otherwise it would do the same thing. Just make sure you have ceiling clearance for the tail.

Makes it easy to move around in the shop as all 4 wheels are full caster. just pick the tail up a tad and roll it.

That's AWESOME!! I might have to steal this idea.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I bought this stand several months ago. One of the members on FG makes and sells them.

It is nicely made from cabinet grade ply, all hardware is provided and the purchase price was reasonable. It does several things nicely:

1. Folds up compact and can be portable
2. Easily rolls on a firm surface (concrete, tile floor, berber type carpet)

It holds my 104" EF Extra okay but I would not put anything larger/heavier on it; I don't think it was really designed to handle GS airplanes.

If I was in the market for a plane stand today I'd purchase from Terry. His stand looks like it will easily handle a 40 percenter, or larger, the ability to pivot the plane on it's wing tube is a great plus for assembly/maintenance and I like the tool trays on both sides of the stand.

RG Folding Stand.jpg

M
I bought this stand several months ago. One of the members on FG makes and sells them.

It is nicely made from cabinet grade ply, all hardware is provided and the purchase price was reasonable. It does several things nicely:

It holds my 104" EF Extra okay but I would not put anything larger/heavier on it; I don't think it was really designed to handle GS airplanes.

If I was in the market for a plane stand today I'd purchase from Terry. His stand looks like it will easily handle a 40 percenter, or larger, the ability to pivot the plane on it's wing tube is a great plus for assembly/maintenance and I like the tool trays on both sides of the stand.

View attachment 31779

View attachment 31779

Gene Lavine.