• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Airplane Cradles in the Shop, What works, what doesn't?

Wacobipe

100cc

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I built this one many years ago. I had seen something similar in magazine ads but had never seen one in real life. It took quite a bit of engineering to build it so the uprights that hold the plane would fold in and out and not need to be removed and still be able to expane for bigger airplanes. The whole unit also folds flat for transport. It's made of Oak so it's pretty heavy, but will probably outlast me. The worst part is I almost never use it.

UFO Left Small.jpg
UFO RightSmall.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I'm going to narrow the base so that the parts all combined should fit in a 24 x 36 x 6" box or so. It will be heavy though so not sure what shipping will be. I know I have a couple of friends that will want one that I would have to ship to.
I'll come and pick mine up. When can I come and get it?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I built this one many years ago. I had seen something similar in magazine ads but had never seen one in real life. It took quite a bit of engineering to build it so the uprights that hold the plane would fold in and out and not need to be removed and still be able to expane for bigger airplanes. The whole unit also folds flat for transport. It's made of Oak so it's pretty heavy, but will probably outlast me. The worst part is I almost never use it.

View attachment 30775 View attachment 30776
Very cool Doug. Nice job my friend. That would come in real handy at the field too.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Yup, done. Remember, this is prototype of prototype for proof of concept.;) See how it comes together, may have to make a special one for GSN to give away. @SleepyC and @Bartman put your thinking caps on for a week or two. Needs to go to someone who is building something cool this building season.

I will post the final product on Tues or Wed.

Selfie contest? I'm on a streak.