• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Airplane Cradles in the Shop, What works, what doesn't?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The base doesn't have to be solid. You could cut some lightening holes in it which should help out with the shipping cost.

Yup, done. Remember, this is prototype of prototype for proof of concept.;) See how it comes together, may have to make a special one for GSN to give away. @SleepyC and @Bartman put your thinking caps on for a week or two. Needs to go to someone who is building something cool this building season.

I will post the final product on Tues or Wed.

BalsaDust

Yup, done. Remember, this is prototype of prototype for proof of concept.;) See how it comes together, may have to make a special one for GSN to give away. @SleepyC and @Bartman put your thinking caps on for a week or two. Needs to go to someone who is building something cool this building season.

I will post the final product on Tues or Wed.

Will it support a slab???

Attachments

• right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 239

BalsaDust

Nope, you have to build a full figured airplane!
DAMMIT I think I may have forgotten how to do that. LOL
Be good for me to put my 30% Carden Cap232 I'm trying to get flight ready. Really like the wingtube holding idea though. Might have to see what scraps I have that I can work with to replicate it.

Prototype of the prototype mocked up. Found a few things I want to do different and have a design for a CNC cut tail holder. I'll do the first full test on Monday and ultimately the entire thing will go together without tools and come apart for storage:yesss:. It will also have casters.

See what you dun did @Pistolera !!!!

View attachment 30714 View attachment 30717 View attachment 30721

Did I call that one or what? Way cool Terry. Not using the CNC today, yeah right!!!!!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
roll one out and put our names on it, we'll find a fun way to give it away.

maybe, entrants will send me their old cradles and i'll see who needs replacement the most**. We can do a 100cc airframe contest the same way and give the winner a new Viper**

**all contest entries become the property of GiantScaleNews.com, no returns :)