• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AJ Laser 230z 73" Build Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Gotcha. I'm away from my spare parts but that does ring a bell, only two were supplied. Is it the same thread pitch/size as the supplied?

Gotcha. I'm away from my spare parts but that does ring a bell, only two were supplied. Is it the same thread pitch/size as the supplied?

You still away [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION]??? when are you coming back to home? that baby is waitting for you!!!! and winter is going away.

Yeah same thread.... a bit longer, but it is plastic, you can cut it.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah still gone...
Good to know thanks. I wonder how much the SFG's affect the flight performance

Are any if you in this thread using a engine with a ES35G pipe? I wanted to know if you had to blow out the back of the pipe tunnel

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I think you'll have to extend the tunnel. A canister should fit though.

Edit: turns out I was wrong per the next post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve_JR

New to GSN!
I had to extend the tunnel for the Pro-Flow canister setup I have with DLE 35RA. If I had to do it again I wouldn't run a canister on this plane. Very high cost and annoying to install.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
[MENTION=4415]Steve_JR[/MENTION]

was your pro-flow canister a rear or front dump? Can you attach some pics of this set-up and what you did to modify it maybe?? Thanks bud

Steve_JR

New to GSN!
It is a rear dump canister. Regardless of whether it is a front or rear dump, you have to knock the backwall out. Also I don't think you could run a front dump Pro-Flow on this plane because the exhaust exit would be right were the support for the landing gear is. To see the modifications you can go to post #161.

I have a vvrc 2 in 1 header on order. I have borrowed a ES35G pipe from a friend. I plan to do some testing with the header and the pipe to see if its a good option for this plane and the EF 74-78 inch planes. What I hope to see is some noise reduction and enough gain in power to justify the added 4.5-5 oz of weight.