• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Assembly: Aeroworks QB 150cc Yak 55M

Joe Hunt

150cc
Only 4 gallons of synthetic through the motor so far. A long way from being broken in. But, the power started to come up on the last flight tonight. It'll make a lot more power once it has 20 gallons through it. Still haven't taken the time to put any coupling mixes in, it has some coupling that needs mixing out, I just haven't taken the time. First thing was to fix the gasket leak on the carb, next was to try to loosen the plane up for freestyle. Finally did get an IMAC rate for snaps on that last flight. That's the most fun I've had with the plane, I love snap'n. I cut off the pound of weight I've had on the tail for that flight, as well. I'm running a Menz 32-10... if I swapped to my Mejzlik 32-10 the IMAC would really clean up nicely. :)

Last edited:

Joe Hunt

150cc
Somebody buy this plane from me before I start mod'n everything for freestyle! haha I want to get onto another review plane anyway, so I'm selling this one and my H9 Sukhoi. :)

Joe Hunt

150cc
Is that the 3W 170CS or did you swap to a DA 170?

It's always been only the 3W 170 CS on there. If it was a DA-170 with 4 gallons of synth it would already be broken in. haha This thing is just starting to barely break in the tiniest amount. The power will come way up, and it's got some power now. :) Also, putting a DA-170 on there would require me taking two days to make an engine spacer. :O haha

Joe Hunt

150cc

Yes. haha Like I said when I was just starting this thread, as soon as I get assembling one, I'm already thinking about the next one! :) I have the gasket issue solved on the motor, I have a snap mix I like... next plane please! :) I told my friends I was going to keep it long term, but they all said, "No you're not." haha I've never flown much, that's a different hobby, :), I have always liked to put them together and figuring out the new stuff. Same with computers, et al.