• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D CAP 232-ST design / build / prototype

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I once had a GP Cap. Hated it so bad I tried to total it every time I took it to the field. (Twitchy as all H e double tooth picks) Twenty flights later, I realized maybe I will just "off" it and get something else. I did. But.... I always liked the styling of the Cap. If the "MAN" (Terry) can build one up that isn't a total squirrel, I'd absolutely take a chance. Build it up Terry.... we're waiting at the door.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Little more cutting, filling, sanding, etc. and it's getting very close. Little more fine tuning of the openings tomorrow and I can soak this filler with finishing resin and let it harden up. Should have a base coat of primer in the next day or two. My openings are still a little larger but looking better.
_DSC0435.JPG
2.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC0434.JPG
    _DSC0434.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 267
  • _DSC0436.JPG
    _DSC0436.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 259
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 306

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
terry,

the cowl inlets of Matt Chapman's plane look larger than those other pictures you've posted, fwiw

BalsaDust

terry,

the cowl inlets of Matt Chapman's plane look larger than those other pictures you've posted, fwiw
I think Matt Chapmans cowl is the standard old school cowl and terry is going for the look of the newer cap cowl. The cheeks are not as pronounced in my opinion on the one terry is doing but it still looks badass.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
terry,

Yea, I kinda ended up with a mix of the two, so that's good. The bottom kinda looks like the scale exhaust shroud, but for our purpose it will really help suck engine heat out. That also blends in with the new radiused corners to form the belly pan.

Tseres

150cc
I've never been a Cap fan. I do like the the new cowl. The snorkel has to be there or it will look like an Extra.

This may be the first Cap that I like.:applause:

The Cowl is looking really taking shape Terry, a lot different than when I last saw it. It is amazing how much you can get done in a short amount of time. But you still can't manage to assemble an arf warbird. Just kidding.