• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Cappy cuts/builds an old school Ultra Hots with a few mods.

capthis

70cc twin V2
60128.jpeg
Stabs are now glued on. Added some cross and diagonal braces to stiffen the tail up like Cardens are built. Bottom has cross grain sheeting so it's pretty stiff now. Will add top fuse sides once I figure out and cut in my elevator servo locations.

capthis

70cc twin V2
You guys ever wake up in the middle of the night after realizing something? I had the worry my Elevators wouldn't allow enough rudder throw since I moved the hinge line forward etc. So at about midnight O'thirty I went out and checked. I have a lot of throw but I think I am gonna notch the corners of my elevators to get just a touch more throw.....

I then went back to bed without that panick feeling! :)

capthis

70cc twin V2
I got the wing on and lined up. I drilled and tapped the ply and poplar blocks for 1/4-20 and then hardened the threads with thin then retapped.

Once the glue dries for the front alignment pins then I can build the hatch and nose.

60431.jpeg

capthis

70cc twin V2
This morning I removed the wing and cut and glued in my landing gear blocks. I used a scrap piece of the tri stock to space them against the fuse sides and clamps to hold them down.

60521.jpeg
60523.jpeg

capthis

70cc twin V2
I really hate epoxy so I've been using tite bond. I've found you can mix some balsa sawdust with it to fill in places too....
icon_smile.gif

While I was taking a picture I really like that Elmer's filler. I think it's glue and sawdust mixed together? It's a lot tougher stuff than regular light weight spackling and is nearly the color of balsa.
60527.jpeg