• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Cappy cuts/builds an old school Ultra Hots with a few mods.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Rear turtle deck added after I cut in swervo holes and glued in ply doublers for the screws.

I added a little of that wood putty I mentioned earlier after a good sanding to fill in any gaps and make the fun to stab area look good.

Lots of sanding ahead!

60650.jpeg

capthis

70cc twin V2
Someone needs to make a DXF of the files so they can get laser cut.

The plane would have to be totally redrawn in CAD as these plans are hand drawn and honestly not that good. I'm having a lot of issue with things fitting and these parts were cut exactly like the templates on the plan.

Who knows how many times they have been copied too and things are just off.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Hatch rough framed. Now just gotta figure out how to attach it.

This whole airplane has been kind of a royal pain to build.....

But I guess at this point it's all rough framed now just gotta work out the details.

60894.jpeg

capthis

70cc twin V2
Next issue is the motor mounting. Everything is supposed to all be on the same line. Motor, wing, and stab. Problem is my top motor mounts won't hit the firewall....

I see two ways of dealing with this. One is to lower engine about 7/8" this would be the easiest.

Second would be to build a firewall with tabs and attach it to the existing firewall. Kind of ugly but it's do able.

Any thoughts here? Is an inch going to kill flight performance?

Attachments

• 61136.jpeg
    61136.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 480
  • 61134.jpeg
    61134.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 439

mikeh

70cc twin V2
Next issue is the motor mounting. Everything is supposed to all be on the same line. Motor, wing, and stab. Problem is my top motor mounts won't hit the firewall....

Thinking outside of the box a little. What if you mount the motor at 45 degrees. Put the head at 7 or 8 o'clock position. Might cause problems with the exhaust?

I see two ways of dealing with this. One is to lower engine about 7/8" this would be the easiest.

Second would be to build a firewall with tabs and attach it to the existing firewall. Kind of ugly but it's do able.

Any thoughts here? Is an inch going to kill flight performance?