• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Mikeq

150cc
You're doing a fantastic job Cam. It looks like you really did your homework and I bet when you finish that plane will look awesome. What type of covering are you going to use and have you come up with a color scheme/pattern yet?

Mikeq;2142 wrote: You're doing a fantastic job Cam. It looks like you really did your homework and I bet when you finish that plane will look awesome. What type of covering are you going to use and have you come up with a color scheme/pattern yet?

Thank You Mike and welcome to the new site!!! look forward to reading your posts!!!

back last year when i started it, i did pick out a scheme, let me see if i can find it in my files. hopefully it is still there.

Super08, i am certain yours will also!!

this is Randy Brown's

i like this one

let me see another one i can post.

i let you guys decide or submit pictures of Daltons please....

2173=1139-Randy Browns Dalton.jpg
2173=1139-Randy Browns Dalton.jpg

here are some more:

i really Like the red, yellow black scheme

also,

the red and white scheme

but if mine comes out like any of those, i will be really happy!!!

2174=1141-dalton red yellow.jpg
2174=1141-dalton red yellow.jpg
2174=1140-red white blude dalton.jpg
2174=1140-red white blude dalton.jpg
2174=1142-red white dalton.jpg
2174=1142-red white dalton.jpg
2174=1143-red yellow black dalton.jpg
2174=1143-red yellow black dalton.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
Yeah that first pic of Randy Brown's plane and the first one on post 45 are the best of the bunch. The red and white Dalton 300 pick looks like it would take a lot less effort to get it covered.. simple but still looks good. When you get to the covering part of your build I hope you post plenty of pics because if and when I get ready to do mine I'll use your build thread as a reference. It's a good thing I don't live in Shreveport... You'd probably have to get a restraining order to keep me out of your shop... hehe I think I would become like the cable guy

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Build is looking great! I'm building my first kit also and I bought a presheeted one to get my feet wet.

Thanks to all. It is definitely very fun to do, but most important is to take your time. There is no rush. Take each step slowly and I read up as much as I can from others to do next step. This morning, I went in and opened the holes for the wing tube and spar tube. Then I had seen where someone rolled up sand paper on a stick, that is what I did to sand the balsa down in the hole and it looks perfect!!!

Stacey, I am going to need your help glueing in the phenolic for the spar tube. I will call you later

sparkx38

50cc
Just let me know when and will be glad to help you.
orthobird;2232 wrote: Thanks to all. It is definitely very fun to do, but most important is to take your time. There is no rush. Take each step slowly and I read up as much as I can from others to do next step. This morning, I went in and opened the holes for the wing tube and spar tube. Then I had seen where someone rolled up sand paper on a stick, that is what I did to sand the balsa down in the hole and it looks perfect!!!

Stacey, I am going to need your help glueing in the phenolic for the spar tube. I will call you later