• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 85

lowdown

30cc
I used a 26/10when I fired mine up
but didn't get any rpm numbers
I have a WJ71 carb on mine off of a zdz 80 I had and just had to lean both needles some.
The vibration at idle was no more than my Zdz and it was a very smooth engine.
Iam also not using the ISO mount

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
So what's the scoop with the carb? Someone said leaking needles? Should be same as on the dle 111 I've had good luck with those. @ChickenBalls how was vibes without the I so mount?

So what's the scoop with the carb? Someone said leaking needles? Should be same as on the dle 111 I've had good luck with those. @ChickenBalls how was vibes without the I so mount?

In another forum I described the metering needle problems I had with my new DLE85. It leaked like a screen door! The metering fork could contact the carb housing preventing it from pushing down and closing the metering needle. I resolved the issue by hand turning a small ball end mill bit in in the needle opening to provide clearance. With weather delays and other projects, I have not run the engine yet but I don't expect any problems. Pop off is now typical of the WJ71 and the various clones.

lowdown

30cc
I put the wj71 on because my zdz has a cracked case from a crash when it was in another plane and heard a few stories of problems with the DLE carb so since I had just put a carb kit in it I figured may as well use it.
Terry the engine even without the ISO mount idles very smooth.
I found my rc excel tach so will post numbers also with a couple different props when I can .

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Terry no leaks here, and vibes are nothing, really decent, @emtp275 took a vid of it today while we were running it, I'll post it once I get it from him. It doesn't like that 273db xoar, need to step down to a 26 I think, was getting 1400-1500 idle, and 5800 top end, pulls like a tractor, strong little engine. I haven't weighed plane yet, but if I can keep it around 22lbs, I think she may be a keeper.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Nice, I'm thinking carbon or wood Falcon. Still deciding if I want to do another da 70 or go with stupid power on a smaller frame with the 85
I like my Falcon's, just want to make sure I get the right one this time. I got a nice Tru turn spinner for her, so probably go with carbon. Pick one up at Nall, if I can wait. I wanna fly this thing, but I got plenty more to fly, and I'm hunting stick time more than finishing this girl. I JUST WANNA FLY gotta practice my circle flying for Nall:lol2: