• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have not done it often but when I have it has always been just with a pair of pliers. Looked at buying lock wire pliers but got so confused at which one to get so did not buy it. There are so many kids and types I just got lost so if someone can recommend one for our hobby just to exhausts and props and motor mounts it would be appreciated.

Rusty 73

100cc
Snoopy1 , makes sure you get a pair that you can reverse the twisting of the wire . You will need to spin the wire in both directions to properly fasten the wire to the bolts . Just look on youtube under lock wire and there are a few videos of how to wire various bolts like on Aerobatic propellor bolts to turbine engines fasteners, its every informative and accurate .

There are various manufactures of these pliers , KS tools have them as well as other tool manufactures from six to nine inch lengths .
It depends on how much you will use the plier compared to the price for a very good quality plier . They aren't cheap o_O

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Snoopy1 , makes sure you get a pair that you can reverse the twisting of the wire . You will need to spin the wire in both directions to properly fasten the wire to the bolts . Just look on youtube under lock wire and there are a few videos of how to wire various bolts like on Aerobatic propellor bolts to turbine engines fasteners, its every informative and accurate .

There are various manufactures of these pliers , KS tools have them as well as other tool manufactures from six to nine inch lengths .
It depends on how much you will use the plier compared to the price for a very good quality plier . They aren't cheap o_O
Thanks for helping will look into that.

Began the priming process. 1st, all the surfaces were sanded down, and scuffed, with 80 grit SP, then 220 grit SP. Used the air compressor to remove as much dust, then, I used a clean dry cotton rag, soaked with denatured alcohol. Wiped the excess dust off, and painting with primer was begun. I am using Klass Kote White primer Part A, and the Fast Part B hardner for the primer. This means, no time is required for Induction. The Part A primer white is mixed 1 to 1 with the Hardner. Following thorough mixing of the two for at least 1 minute, I then will thin the primer mix 1 to 1 to 1 with a epoxy reducer. I then will strain it, and place it into my HVLP spray gun cup, and also, a brand new filter where the cup enters the gun. 1st coat is light, wait 20 minutes, then applied a 2nd and 3rd coat, again, waiting 20 minutes in between. Soon, (after 4 hours) I can sand this down slightly using 400 or so grit SP, I can apply masking tape without fear of damaging the primer, and then I can apply the colors. I also should say, the air compressor regulator has to be set to a pressure of 40.

IMG_2992.JPG
IMG_2994.JPG
IMG_2993.JPG