• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Both Canopies are now done. This is the back of the canopy on fuselage #1. The transition from the missile red (bottom), and the metallic red, on the back of the canopy. SO far, so good.

Next, is to paint the blue. This will be bottom of the cowl for fuselage #1, its wheel pants, its landing gear cuffs, and then, what else??

I guess I am getting close to finishing.

IMG_3005.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
Great job i like the two red on the canopy , now you need the word "experimental" on the bottom red of the canopy . Mount the Pilot and your there , you do work fast.

This is the cowl for fuselage #1. It is almost done, still need to add the silver stripe. I think, I can pain this one.

I will do it, tomorrow morning.

But so far, I am happy with the results.

IMG_3007.JPG
IMG_3006.JPG

the other cowl, will need the two stripes. a thin silver and thin blue, which I believe is Royal Blue.

After that, I will be done with the painting part.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You getting there light at the end of the tunnel. I would strip it. If you paint it and it seeps under the masking tape you will not be happy. So therefore I recommend you try the tap first and if you do not like it you paint it.

I am using this 3m Vinyl Masking tape, which, so far, it has not seeped under any of it, but, Maybe I have just been lucky!?

Rusty 73

100cc
3M makes the best tape for painting as long as the surface is clean and pressed down firmly you won't get any paint bleed .

I love that blue it added a nice and rich look to the plane . Would thickness of ply wood did you use in creating the baffles around the engine.
Just started setting up the mounting points for the brackets to hold the tune pipes . its a tight place getting 6-32 bolts and nut through the plywood doubler .

Hi Rusty, I used 1/8" plywood, however, I did make a "finger" that goes between the front and rear cylinder, and under this and going out towards the sides, I reinforced this with a 1/4" square spruce rod. Pictures to come soon.

Got the first stripe on, and no bleed thru. Like John Wayne would say : "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I was quite fearful I would mess this up, but sure enough, I was able to do it, next will be the blue stripe, and that airplane is done. It will be on ARF mode after that.

I used the 3m Vinyl masking tape, which is quite expensive, but well worth it. I will give you an idea, one roll of that 1" wide stuff costs 17 dollars.

Guess I will not be using those Top FLite trim pieces, but I did order them.

I also did the silver on the other airplane. The other airplane is complete.

IMG_3013.JPG