• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Extreme Flight 78" Extra

hbollier

70cc twin V2
H9 servo arms arrived at LHS. Put a couple if them on, don't trust them. Time to order and wait.

Edit: I guess I should explain this part.well I have the following issues:

1: Holes are tapped in imperial thread sizes, all my hardware is metric. Yes, 4-40 can be tapped to 3mm but it gets better.

2: The hole for the servo screw is smaller than the screw shaft. When the side screws are tightened it tightens on the screw and not the splines. I could just drill it out, but it gets better.

3. The arm is recessed for the lockwasher. Nice touch you say, except the recess is too small for the washer.

That's an aweful lot of work to install a $9 servo arm!

Update: so I drilled the hole and installed with just the servo screw. The arm was very loose and wobbled even though the screw was snug. Even with the clamping screws tightened the arm moved on the splines. Spot on V2 arms on the way.

Last edited:

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Since I couldn't fly, I ran up the DM 4330-205 with XOAR 20x10 on the Revolectrix 435 blend lipos. At WOT 70 amps, 47 volts for 3200+ Watts. I'm pretty sure it will get off the ground.

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
I agree, it will fly like a rocket! I have had good luck with the arms from Aztech and Esprit...

mnfatboy

50cc
Probably a little late here but I've had great success with using Pacers Formula 560 Canopy glue on the pin style hinges.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Weighed the airframe with the remaining hardware. Looks like the plane without batteries will be 10lbs 1oz. With 4600mah Revos All up weight should be 12lbs 13oz.