• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick.....sort of build thread.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Terry, you are the builder of the year nominee from me:. Sleepy how about a poll for builder of the year. Dr. Evil may be the builder of the decade but the talking about his balls just makes me a little uncomfortable. :mad:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Here is a little tip that I started using on my last build. When hinging with Gorilla quick poly glue it's best to mask off the holds and to make cutting holes easier use a paper punch and punch a bunch in some masking tape. Rip them off and stick 'em, glue, tape and done.

I had already cut control horns on the CNC for this build so I have them all cleaned up and ready to go in the AM. Plane is hinged and glue is drying.

1818=927-image001.jpg
1818=927-image001.jpg

1818=928-image002.jpg
1818=928-image002.jpg

1818=929-image003.jpg
1818=929-image003.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I normally use DuPont paint because they are easier to work with for matching than our local PPG guy's. This one is all Kustom Shop paints since they match almost perfect. Red, like a lot of colors is hard though because it looks different in every light but this is pretty close. I use Nason clearcoat that I just switched to a Multi-panel clear and it was easier to work with and dried a lot quicker. One bug and one blemish on my canopy but I'll wet sand it and re-clear when I paint my pants and gear cuffs this Winter.

Terryscustom;1757 wrote: Well, crap..... This is probably a bad time to post pics of what I just finished. Wish you were closer I'd give you a hand.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Never a bad time to post pics of progress!! I just wait a little bit longer for my paint guy to be free'd up at his body shop. Good paint work, for a good cost to me! I don't care if there is a tad of orange peel in the work he does for me. As long as I'm happy with it, thats all that matters! :) So for, Terry, you are killin it!

SleepyC

150cc
Terryscustom;1818 wrote: Here is a little tip that I started using on my last build. When hinging with Gorilla quick poly glue it's best to mask off the holds and to make cutting holes easier use a paper punch and punch a bunch in some masking tape. Rip them off and stick 'em, glue, tape and done.

I had already cut control horns on the CNC for this build so I have them all cleaned up and ready to go in the AM. Plane is hinged and glue is drying.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

OMG.... dude... that there is an official GSN Knowledge Dart!

Holy life hack!

THANKS!

SleepyC;1946 wrote: OMG.... dude... that there is an official GSN Knowledge Dart!

Holy life hack!

THANKS!

I taped the entire hingelines when I installed the hinges on my OMP 330SC. The tape is a life saver! No more picking at the glue in fear of nicking the covering! Then what do I do..... Burn both elevator balances off the airplane. Have to rehinge 1/2 of the left elevator... :( Lets just say, that there is no cutting out flat hinges with a hinge cutter!

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Another tip for hinging is when you are letting it dry, tape the surfaces at the deflection that you want as "full" deflection. Then you will be able to get full deflection without any binding or guessing if you will have enough throw.