• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick.....sort of build thread.

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
Just talked to her and she does not know what Goop would do to it. Sehe said there is a "foam glue" that is made for it and is supposed to be on the same isle as the foam. If it isn't ask an associate and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I did a test with both Welders and Goop and both acted like they would have a reaction (very slight cupping of the foam), but then they set up and no ill effects at all. They actually did not have "creative foam" the stuff I got was called "Creatology" and it's a shy 1/8" thick and is pretty pliable until you glue it into a shape. I'll play with it tomorrow, thinking of tacking with foam safe CA and just running a small bead of Goop at the seams.

Got a few more hours in on the bird today. Radio is life and set up, all servos are functional and all surfaces moving. Just need to fine tune the ailerons more, final mount of cowl after baffling and drill a spinner back plate and this baby is ready for maiden day!!! Wed. is looking pretty good, so we'll see.....maybe sneak out for a couple of quick flights and a video. Looking like rain all weekend so that's out most likely.

Bdegan

50cc
Terryscustom;2155 wrote: Ok, well I did not take too many pics today since it's normal installation of the "guts" of the thing but I did get all servos and extensions installed. Control horns installed. Fuel system complete. Engine and ignition installed. Pretty much down to push-rods, radio setup, baffles for the engine and drill my prop and backplate. We'll see how tomorrow goes but I expect to be done tomorrow night or Tuesday and ready to do some initial fire-up and tune.

We don't have any events this weekend so I'll see if the weather cooperates for a maiden flight or four!!!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Terry ... Hi :)

Looking at the photo of the motor box. The top is wide open. I strongly recommend putting a cross brace across the top of the box. Ask me how I know ;-)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea, that has been bothering me but I've been trying to keep it pretty much as designed......obviously you confirmed my suspicion so I'll get on that today.