• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick.....sort of build thread.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok, well I did not take too many pics today since it's normal installation of the "guts" of the thing but I did get all servos and extensions installed. Control horns installed. Fuel system complete. Engine and ignition installed. Pretty much down to push-rods, radio setup, baffles for the engine and drill my prop and backplate. We'll see how tomorrow goes but I expect to be done tomorrow night or Tuesday and ready to do some initial fire-up and tune.

We don't have any events this weekend so I'll see if the weather cooperates for a maiden flight or four!!!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

2155=1134-image001.jpg
2155=1134-image001.jpg
2155=1135-image002.jpg
2155=1135-image002.jpg
2155=1136-image003.jpg
2155=1136-image003.jpg
2155=1137-image004.jpg
2155=1137-image004.jpg

Furballll

New to GSN!
stunning build, scanning over it quick showed me how much I miss being able to do builds of any size more than a crack yak.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
The engine looks tiny on that airframe!! This thing is going to be light! Great looking airplane Terry as usual!! Maybe I will get to pull on the stick at the huckfest????

AirRally

30cc
The pictures really don't show the quality of work Terry has done with this build. The build on this plane is 2nd to none for sure! Keep up the great work!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
AirRally;2276 wrote: The pictures really don't show the quality of work Terry has done with this build. The build on this plane is 2nd to none for sure! Keep up the great work!

Thanks!......and Welcome!! See you at the Huckfest!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm thinking of trying the "Creative Foam" from Michael's for baffling. I've never used it and this will need some pretty aggressive baffling with the engine being pretty small in the cowl. Can anyone chime in to tel me what the best adhesive is with the creative foam?? Obviously foam safe CA, but I wonder if "Goop" eats it like regular foam?

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
Terryscustom;2324 wrote: I'm thinking of trying the "Creative Foam" from Michael's for baffling. I've never used it and this will need some pretty aggressive baffling with the engine being pretty small in the cowl. Can anyone chime in to tel me what the best adhesive is with the creative foam?? Obviously foam safe CA, but I wonder if "Goop" eats it like regular foam?
I'll ask my ex-wife. She is a manager at a local Michael's and one hell of a crafts person.