• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick.....sort of build thread.

BTW, Terry, thanks for the lmgtfy link in your original build thread. That's how I found this place! Happy to be over here now.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
bigblueswope;2915 wrote: BTW, Terry, thanks for the lmgtfy link in your original build thread. That's how I found this place! Happy to be over here now.
LOL, yea after FG made this website a blocked word I could not post a link, glad you made it!!!

OK, so on the engine box.....I had been thinking about it so here are the mods that I made:

1 - Angle bracket on the bottom outsides. I installed this bracket with balsa and carbon reinforced balsa to add strength to the engine box side and transfer side load forces back to the other internal structure behind F-1

2 - I added one carbon reinforced cross member to divide the engine box top into two triangles. Installed with medium CA with microballoons to form a small gusset of glue.

3 - There are a lot of 90 degree angles that are un-supported at the top of the engine box area and this is where stress will focus so I simply added two 2" x 2" x 1/4" blocks on the fuse side of F-1, which again transfers stress back behind F-1 to other existing structure.

So, we'll see how that holds up to rolling loops and KE spins with a 29" prop disk!!!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

3032=1499-image001.jpg
3032=1499-image001.jpg
3032=1500-image002.jpg
3032=1500-image002.jpg
3032=1501-image003.jpg
3032=1501-image003.jpg