• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick.....sort of build thread.

sparkx38

50cc
Wow! Thanks for sharing Terry. Between your build thread and a Dalton build one of my buddies is doing I have a strong desire to jump on a build myself. Keep up the awesome and thanks for sharing again!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
sparkx38;3274 wrote: Wow! Thanks for sharing Terry. Between your build thread and a Dalton build one of my buddies is doing I have a strong desire to jump on a build myself. Keep up the awesome and thanks for sharing again!

You got it, there will be more this Winter. I'm going to do a scratch build "Fun Scale" RV-4 in about 100" wingspan. I'm also going to be doing one of my 37%MX designs since there will be three out in circulation and I don't even have one of my own.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Terryscustom;3307 wrote: You got it, there will be more this Winter. I'm going to do a scratch build "Fun Scale" RV-4 in about 100" wingspan. I'm also going to be doing one of my 37%MX designs since there will be three out in circulation and I don't even have one of my own.

Look forward to them Terry

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
OK, here we are....done.

Ready to fly after I install my top cowl bolts (glue is still drying on tabs). CG is feeling nearly perfect but I will check tomorrow, plus I want to do some math and check it a different way than the instructions are indicating. I've gotten to really like my planes set at about 32% of MAC, so I'll calculate that.

Only thing is I still have a little bit of both vertical and horizontal play in the engine box. Not really any more than a typical ARF (extremely small) but still visible once cowl is installed. After I check my CG I will form a plan depending on how specific I need to be with materials. I also have no batteries in yet so that will help.

I'll have to be crafty about it but I'll try to get a weight as well, probably fish scale around wing tube. Graphics should be here in a few days from B&E, and I also plan to add the rest of the white point on the cowl with vinyl or Ultracote.

So below I have a pic (just for fun) of where I started on July 15th. All I can say is.....I'm freakin' tired, but it will all be worth it!!!:cool:

Also, of any of you DLE guy's out there. The new mufflers have a teflon extension on the down tubes. This paint works wonders but the key is to apply 3-4 mist coats....by mist coats I mean so that you still see white right up until the last coat. Been running on my Viper with DLE120 and sticking perfectly!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

3718=1592-image001.jpg
3718=1592-image001.jpg
3718=1593-image002.jpg
3718=1593-image002.jpg
3718=1594-image003.jpg
3718=1594-image003.jpg
3718=1595-image004.jpg