• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fort Smith Arkansas Fly Low In Sept. 19-22

Jungle

50cc
Ok guys its time to get the party started! As for the directions.

Latitude - Longitude:
35.328133,-94.274433

Lat: 35° 19' 41.2788"
Long: -94° 16' 27.9588"

If you are coming in to Fort Smith (most likely from I-40), Take I-540 to Rogers avenue exit (hwy 22). Go East down Rogers Avenue towards Barling. When you get to hwy 59 you will see a gravel road on the left about 30 yards past the intersection. You will see a sign and follow the signs to the field. The field is only about 5 miles from all the major Motels/Hotels, restraunts, etc etc. There is a variety of places to stay ranging from the Hotel 6 to the Hamton Inn or better.
I will be posting alot of information as well as several other guys already on the forum keeping you up to date. The working roster for pilots that have confirmed are (and is a working list that will be updated as we go)
Josh Price
Ben Fisher
Troy Pogue
Russ Espinila
Brian Hendricks
Frank Semelka jr
Bill Rowe
David Hamlin
Brian Zang
Dinnis Bech
Jason Danhakl
Jonathan Jennings
John Jennings
Gary Strickland
Paco Ritter
Gary Ford
Jimmey Davis
Mike Bivens (?)
Chad Vokhal
Rob Maxwell (Bob)
Jarod Clark
Mark Trent
Curt Sydor
Bronson Turman
Trent Young
Brandon Chitty
Andrew McIntosh
David Bradford
Marvin
MM2icBM
Snow Dog
Baughi
Blake Brown
RobJ
Red Talon
Ryan_M
Landon K
All the local guys of obviously

I know there is more and I will add them later but I am kinda tired as I have been studing got a class for work and just knocked out 8 chapters tonight and I am in overload at the moment. I have 2 generators I can bring out for power for charging if need be, (5000 watt and a 5600 Watt inverter generator)
Camping is welcomed and like I said before, about EVERY major restraunt (etc) is just down the road.
Forgive me for the typos I am extremely tired at the moment

SnowDog

Thanks Josh, this info helps a lot.
Looking forward to September!!!

Also, please add Craig Hogue (3DNinja) to the pilots list. :)

Bivens

50cc
Josh...for the record, I'd be there but my wife has us booked at a family deal that weekend. I wish I could make it...Next year I suppose..

Mike

Jungle

50cc
Yes we will have night lights.
That's ok Mike not a problem. I understand. I actually just got back from dauphin island with my family.

Looks like my dad is getting excited about bringing the RV for this event. I just want to make sure there is room for a 37' Winnebago.

That is a nice pilots list, i see a lot of people i know and they are all great people. Can't wait to hang out with old friends and like always, make new ones.
I sure hate to see that bivens isn't gonna make it tho.
Brian Hendricks

gyro

GSN Contributor
That is a nice pilots list, i see a lot of people i know and they are all great people. Can't wait to hang out with old friends and like always, make new ones.
I sure hate to see that bivens isn't gonna make it tho.
Brian Hendricks

Brian, you're right, this event is shaping up nicely. I plan to arrive Thursday evening...
Will make it a one day drive up, and leave Thursday morning.