• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2014!!!!

geebeer

30cc
I see that there are golf carts available for rent but I am curious if it is ok if I bring along my 4wheeler for personal transportation instead of renting one of those?

dskuro95

100cc
I see that there are golf carts available for rent but I am curious if it is ok if I bring along my 4wheeler for personal transportation instead of renting one of those?

Yes you are allowed to bring it along. Great transportation system at Joe Nall.

A month from today, we are leaving for the Nall. Some plans have gotten firmed up, camping and pilot registration is paid for. The trailer finally got here and we are outfitting it for it's long journey. We are doing the first Friday through sometime Thursday as we want to fly more than gawk this time.

At the moment the plan is to park the RV at the electric line because:

A) we will have the best access to the big generator for charging
B) I think we will get the most flying done there for the event
C) It is halfway between the 3D line and the float area.
D) I think my dad will enjoy that atmosphere best.

I think we will park the trailer on the 3D line with some EZ ups and have access to all the tools and such down there with the big planes. I would like to fly a lot there, but seeing how busy it gets, I am not sure how that will work out.

I am bringing at least 2 float planes if anyone wants to experience float flying. My H-9 Saratoga on floats and probably my Ultrastick 25e on floats.

3dbandit

100cc
A month from today, we are leaving for the Nall. Some plans have gotten firmed up, camping and pilot registration is paid for. The trailer finally got here and we are outfitting it for it's long journey. We are doing the first Friday through sometime Thursday as we want to fly more than gawk this time.

At the moment the plan is to park the RV at the electric line because:

A) we will have the best access to the big generator for charging
B) I think we will get the most flying done there for the event
C) It is halfway between the 3D line and the float area.
D) I think my dad will enjoy that atmosphere best.

I think we will park the trailer on the 3D line with some EZ ups and have access to all the tools and such down there with the big planes. I would like to fly a lot there, but seeing how busy it gets, I am not sure how that will work out.

I am bringing at least 2 float planes if anyone wants to experience float flying. My H-9 Saratoga on floats and probably my Ultrastick 25e on floats.

In regards to (A)- when i went to eweek, they had very large electrical stations every 100 feet or so on the flight lines. I imagine they will be doing this for nall too, so power should be a non issue.

We will stop up a couple times to visit Matt! Probably take the 70 EXP which we got at Nall last year. We'll bring it up to the electric line one evening. Hoping to pull in by 6 pm the first Saturday. See you at Nall!

coreman

50cc
Looking like I will probably get there on friday the 9th. I'll be in with National Balsa and have a bunch of Yaks again