• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I love this plane. Looks great... It may be my favorite airplane I've ever owned.

What do you think about bringing back the Scale in Scale Aerobatics?

I'm thinking, the contest would have two parts. Static display judging, and sequence.

I'm really tired of non-scale stretched out aerobatic planes, film covered thow-away ARF's, and the dumbing down of precision aerobatics. Let's see the modellers come back to the hobby. Those were the guys I looked up to as a kid.

Last edited:

Wacobipe

100cc
I love this plane. Looks great... It may be my favorite airplane I've ever owned.

I'm thinking, the contest would have two parts. Static display judging, and sequence.

I'm really tired of non-scale stretched out aerobatic planes, film covered thow-away ARF's, and the dumbing down of precision aerobatics. Let's see the modellers come back to the hobby. Those were the guys I looked up to as a kid.
I love this idea and could not agree more!

Dave

New to GSN!

I could not agree more, well said. I've tossed around the very same idea with my friends.... how cool would it be to have a class of Pitts', or see Extra's competing with ASD's on the wingtips and spades under the ailerons?! Its probably just a pipe dream, but how neat it would be. I just finished a Carden, and I'm thiiiiis close to ordering an EMHW Pitts..... just cant decide between the Challenger II and the S1-S...... oh, decisions.....

Great build, thanks for posting it!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
You mean like these....:cheers:
DSC01064.JPG
DSC01078.JPG

Dave

New to GSN!
You mean like these....:cheers:

Um, yeah, like those! The spades and the ASD's look fantastic!! I once put ASD's on a 40% Raven, but never tried Spades..... I always wondered what their effect would be on a model where you have a servo driving the aileron vs. on the real thing where you have a human arm driving it. (Two different conditions: stick-fixed vs. stick-free stability, respectively) Surely it's been tried on a model, and I'm sure the plane doesn't fall out of the sky, I just wonder if it provides any benefit other than scale looks! Anyway, your spades look very cool. Can't wait to see the finished airplane!

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I haven't posted much, but have been working on the challenger. I Mounted the cowl and mocked up the motor mount.

I will be using the Valach 210 with a 2:1 canister.

The motor mount is all mocked up now and have started welding the 3/8" thin wall steel tubes. The firewall mounts and the front of the mount where the engine bolts to. Next will be to cut and weld the main tubes.